A Bunch More Magic Items

the Jester

Legend
Keeping the most recent edits at the top:

EDIT: Updated again 23 Aug 2015, because all four volumes of EM are done. As well as a number of other products- a more thorough workthrough of the Book of Vile Darkness (both the 3e and 4e version), several random books off my shelf (Frostburn, Complete Warrior, Arcane Power, etc). Up to 214 pages. :)

EDIT: Updated again 15 Aug 2015, because I'm done with what I'm converting from the EM vol I and because of the missing word in horn tusk armor.

EDIT: Updated 4 August 2015. The document is now significantly larger, almost 100 typed pages, and includes many more items from a variety of sources, including the 3e Magic Item Compendium, 3e Complete Mage, 4e Players Handbook 2, etc.

Some of you saw my other thread of magic items converted to 5e. This is another. I'll be updating the pdf eventually, when I do substantially more work on it, but for now, this includes:

• Pretty much every magic item in the 1e DMG that wasn't in the 5e DMG or my previous conversion set;
  • Pretty much every magic item in the 4e PH that wasn't in the 5e DMG or my previous conversion set;
  • Pretty much every magic item in my 4e Cydra Players Guide that wasn't in my previous conversion set;
  • A few other goodies that I realized weren't yet in 5e, such as the Sword of the Planes;
  • A few other new homebrewed items.

When I say "pretty much every", I mean that there were a couple that got left out because they either fit better as a monster (animated object- broom of animated attack), were especially displeasing due to their lack of thematic connection between name and function (phoenix helm) or because there's a crucial bit of 5e rules missing for the moment (helm of psionics). But probably less than a half-dozen are missing here.

I hope you guys enjoy and get some good use out of these! There are a few that refer to campaign specific rules (my colorful critical hit system, fumbles) and elements (various religious or national/imperial/historical references), but on the whole, this should have something for every campaign with magic items.

I'll update this thread and the pdf when I've completed all the items in another book or two. :)

EDIT: PDF last updated 7:03 pm, 30 May 2015.

Attachments

• magic items 2_23Aug2015.pdf
    986.8 KB · Views: 11,503
Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
I'm not sure what book I'm converting the items in next; maybe the stuff in the 3e Book of Vile Darkness? The magic items from the 1e Unearthed Arcana? Perhaps the 4e Adventurer's Vault or Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium?

Any suggestions/requests?

the Jester

Legend
Hence the :p.

:p

(Wouldn't hurt to troll them for good stuff that didn't make it into later editions, though)

Yeah, I've plucked a few things at semi-random out of there for the first volume of this, which I posted in a thread... I dunno... some time ago. A couple of months, maybe?

Anyway, I think I'm gonna pull one of these at random out of my shelves of gaming stuff tonight and pour through it for a couple of random cool items worth converting. :)

the Jester

Legend
So for the record, I've been doing some random items from the 2e EM series (well, not random, but selected from randomly flipped parts of whichever book I've got in front of me), some Adventurer's Vault stuff (specifically, I've converted the mount and arm slot items) and am now moving on to some of the 1e Unearthed Arcana items. I'll re-upload the pdf when it's at... let's say... 60 pages.

the Jester

Legend
Okay, so I just updated the pdf. It's up to a solid 61 pages, including the wondrous items from the 3e DMG that I hadn't gotten to yet- I was surprised at how many there were!- some more Adventurers Vault, 1e Unearthed Arcana stuff, and some random Encyclopedia Magicka stuff.

Enjoy!

Remove ads