I've always been attached to a lot of 4e's races, but especially the vampiric vryloka. So I decided to try and convert them over to 5e! Hope you like them!
- Ability Score Increase. Your Charisma score increases by 2 and either your Strength or Dexterity score increase by 1.
- Size. Vryloka are about the same size as humans, though they stand taller on average. Your size is Medium.
- Speed. Your walking speed is 30 feet.
- Age. Vryloka have an extended lifespan due to their semi-vampiric nature. They can live up to 500 years old and are immune to any effect that would age them
- Ancestral Versatility. You gain proficiency in one skill and one tool of your choice.
- Unliving Nature. Your creature type is humanoid, yet you register as undead to spells and other effects that detect the presence of the undead creature type. In addition you gain resistance to necrotic damage.
- Blood Sap. Vryloka have the power to feast on the lifeblood of other creatures. When you hit a creature that isn't an undead or construct with an attack, you can deal an additional 1d4 necrotic damage to that creature. Once per turn when you deal this necrotic damage, you can gain a number of temporary hit points equal to the damage + your proficiency bonus. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus and regain all uses when you finish a long rest.
- Lifeblood. On your turn, when you score a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduce a creature to 0 hit points with one, you can move up to 10 feet as a reaction. This reactive movement doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity.
- Languages. You can speak, read and write Common and one other language of your choice.