• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A damsel in distress!

The damsel in distress is really a....

• succubus

Votes: 64 30.3%
  • vampire

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • lycanthrope

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • dragon

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • damsel

Votes: 57 27.0%
  • all of the above!

Votes: 54 25.6%

Morbid Angel

First Post
lukelightning said:
Eating people is evil, at least that's what my DM said when my wizard said "it's a shame to waste all this dead bandit meat."

Wow! That is priceless. I nearly sprayed mountain dew on my computer screen. :lol:

I guess it depends on the characters everyone is playing. Some pc's I have run would try to rescue her no matter how many times he has been duped. As a dm I don't think I've ever really used this bait-and switch that I can recall.

Kurotowa

Legend
You work your way up the Fake Damsel tree, I've found. At lowly CR 3 you start on Doppelgangers, you work your way up to the Succubus at CR 7, on to Rakshasa's at CR 10, and then you get to graduate to dragons and creatures with class levels. :p

Seriously, I wish I ran into a few more honest damsels. I played in a 1st-18th level campaign and didn't encounter a single one. About three fakes, but not one real one.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Let's not forget the adorable Night Hag with her shape-shifting ability. You do not want to wake up next to one of those... if you wake up at all, that is... :]

-- N

Morbid Angel

First Post
Nifft said:
Let's not forget the adorable Night Hag with her shape-shifting ability. You do not want to wake up next to one of those... if you wake up at all, that is...

Put me down for a vote of "not waking up at all" at least with a succubus it would be somewhat enjoyable a demise... ;)

GSHamster

Adventurer
A Princess. Running away to escape an arranged marriage to an evil Duke, when she was captured by the monsters in the dungeon.

I like the classics. And adventures that lead into other adventures are especially fun.

Endur

First Post
Dagger75 said:
Maybe you have to rescue the succubus from the paladin. They can ask for help to right??

That is a neat story hook.

Beautiful succubus is captured by a Paladin in a pentagram. Paladin does not want to slay a woman, even a demonic woman, so he imprisons her instead in a pentagram in a tower.

Paladin guards tower to make sure demon does not get loose.

Party tries to overcome Paladin to free damsel in the tower.

Mycanid

First Post
ThirdWizard said:
Other - An appologetic mycanoid.

Now wait a minute! Which one of these adventurers were you?!?!

:lol:

Guilty as charged, I confess. You bet I was apologetic too! All you nasty folk standing around in armor and weapons and all that! And what were you doing there anyway, eh? Never found that out....

Remove ads