• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A damsel in distress!

The damsel in distress is really a....

• succubus

Votes: 64 30.3%
  • vampire

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • lycanthrope

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • dragon

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • damsel

Votes: 57 27.0%
  • all of the above!

Votes: 54 25.6%

Faraer

Explorer
As a player I will insist on assuming 'damsel' despite apparent statistical evidence to the contrary, because 'damsel turns out to be XX' is fun and 'cynical adventurers leave damsel in jail' is not.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
It was an evil genie in a game I ran in years ago!

Two of the more suspicious players though she was bad news from the start and one fired his bow at her right of the bat. Of coarse my swashbuckler and the paladin type jumped in the way of the arrows to protect her. That’s when she turned into the genie and attacked.
:p

sckeener

First Post
lukelightning said:
I've often wondered: Is all of a medusa's hair snakes, or just the hair on the head? Medusas might have scary bikini lines!

and now we know why they do not need men....they already have trouser snakes.

lukelightning

First Post
Faraer said:
As a player I will insist on assuming 'damsel' despite apparent statistical evidence to the contrary, because 'damsel turns out to be XX' is fun and 'cynical adventurers leave damsel in jail' is not.

I like playing cynical adventurers! You can have fun with "damsel dies when you abandon her in the dungeon and comes back as a ghost hell-bent on revenge." You think vampires are bad? You can at least stake 'em in the heart.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
you forgot evil Sorceress/thief/psion
I have used Succubus, evil thief, and irritating pre-teen with a crush on rescuers, with a politically connected family.

Mycanid

First Post
Oh no. No no no no no no no no.

I can't believe you didn't include doppleganger in the poll!

The only experience I can remember with this sort of a thing was with a doppleganger.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Of course it's a Succubus. Only succubi are kept in dungeons. Damsels are all kept in towers. Unless the succubus also happens to be posing as the damsel from a well known merchant family, and has been doing so (through the guise of shape changing magic) since the real princess was killed only days after her birth. Of course, the family doesn't know about the switch, and they have no reason to suspect anything being amiss, after all, the "damsel" certainly never openly acted evil...

There's a moral quandry for your paladins! :-D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads