D&D 4E A different leader type. The seer (new class) and balancing a proactive heal.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Proactive healing or maybe pre-emptive healing sounds a lot like a in-game representation of Heroism.
I was thinking of a Warning Shout to basically increase targets defense in response to an attack that would have hit and the Seer knows whether it would have hit and how much damage it would have done. But temporary hit points might work somewhat as well.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
There is a regular encounter power that one could give the character but you really need to have the Insightful presence for it to even make it close. Which I guess for this character is the correct concept anyway. But its only half damage for many things you might be defending against. (yea old damage on a miss phenomena)

1576451863420.png

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
There is also a high level one actually named Warning shout which doesn't really seem high level to me.... but it does mean you can likely see no damage all the time.

1576451512902.png

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Point being they need to act like 1 HS + d6 oer 5 levels worth of healing and I am not sure how the translation works.

Attachments

• 1576452742122.png
    1576452742122.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 137

darkbard

Legend
I came to the conclusion that one cool way to build them was as a race derived from the Deva

Might also be fun to use Drow. No INT bonus, but Darkvision could be reskinned to be sensing surroundings via a sixth sense instead of vision per se. And Cloud of Darkness is a pretty fun way to transfer blindness to foes.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Might also be fun to use Drow. No INT bonus, but Darkvision could be reskinned to be sensing surroundings via a sixth sense instead of vision per se. And Cloud of Darkness is a pretty fun way to transfer blindness to foes.
That kind of hones in on the Blind Seer i was shooting for with Eben

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
So I guess is the Powerful Warning a good enough replacement for healing word if it were useable to 2+ times per fight like healing word and allowed to be selected after damage is rolled. With attribute bonus assumed for predictive seer. (Intelligence or Wisdom). I kind of want to merge in the movement from Warning Shout. To protect against an area of effect.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
While the warning model lacks a certain fix it later advantage... if can also alleviate immediate effects so there is that

Remove ads