Level Up (A5E) A dismal deficiency of druids and a sorry scarcity of sorcerers

xiphumor

Adventurer
I would include the Marshals here, but I know there’s an article with more Marshal archetypes coming out. Sorcerers and Druid archetypes are surprisingly lacking in GPG publications, which means we need to do some brainstorming! What kinds of sorcerers and druids do we most want to see!

I want elementalist sorcerers, but there are insufficient elemental spells at present. Although a sorcerer with access to the druid list (akin to the O5e Divine Soul) could be fun. Undead, fey, and construct themed sorcerers would also be cool.

An insect-based druid could be tons of fun. Also, plenty of biome centric druids that fill the same niche as the Circle of Land druids, but with more diversity. I’d love to see a Wild Man kind of druid that can assume half-man, half-beast forms.

Corinnguard

Adventurer
In the Migard setting (Kobold Press) for 1st edition Pathfinder, there was a Druid archetype called the Elemental Exarch. These druids focused their attention on one of the four elements (air, earth, fire and water), gained an elemental companion that could briefly fuse with, and could wildshape into an elemental earlier than most druids could.

So my collaborator has already weighed in (thanks Josh!) but we've got archetypes in the MoAR series that scratch some of your itches and I have one or two in my Thematic Toolkit line, too.

MoAR Wilderness has the Sporekeeper and Stormcaller druids. Thematic Toolkit: Arcane Avenger has the Regulator sorcerer. MoAR Intrigue has the Spymaster and Frontliner marshals. And keep an eye out for the Valorous marshal in this month's Thematic Toolkit release: Thunder of War. (Should be out in 1-2 weeks).

There's more coming, but it's further down the line.

The Sporekeeper in MoAR Wilderness leans harder into mushrooms and fungus as the versatile and varied things they are. That archetype has no necromantic component, but it can cast hallucinogenic illusion spells, nourish their teammates with edible fungus and even grow protective layers of mycelium.

I have a "necro druid" planned for some point down the line, but I'm not sure exactly where it'll show up yet.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
So my collaborator has already weighed in (thanks Josh!) but we've got archetypes in the MoAR series that scratch some of your itches and I have one or two in my Thematic Toolkit line, too.

MoAR Wilderness has the Sporekeeper and Stormcaller druids. Thematic Toolkit: Arcane Avenger has the Regulator sorcerer. MoAR Intrigue has the Spymaster and Frontliner marshals. And keep an eye out for the Valorous marshal in this month's Thematic Toolkit release: Thunder of War. (Should be out in 1-2 weeks).

There's more coming, but it's further down the line.
stamps feet and pouts

I write too fast. Though, honestly, who knows if you'll like my Ecoterrorist Druid...

An Advertisement

Advertisement4