Level Up (A5E) A dismal deficiency of druids and a sorry scarcity of sorcerers

xiphumor

Legend
I would include the Marshals here, but I know there’s an article with more Marshal archetypes coming out. Sorcerers and Druid archetypes are surprisingly lacking in GPG publications, which means we need to do some brainstorming! What kinds of sorcerers and druids do we most want to see!

I want elementalist sorcerers, but there are insufficient elemental spells at present. Although a sorcerer with access to the druid list (akin to the O5e Divine Soul) could be fun. Undead, fey, and construct themed sorcerers would also be cool.

An insect-based druid could be tons of fun. Also, plenty of biome centric druids that fill the same niche as the Circle of Land druids, but with more diversity. I’d love to see a Wild Man kind of druid that can assume half-man, half-beast forms.

In the Migard setting (Kobold Press) for 1st edition Pathfinder, there was a Druid archetype called the Elemental Exarch. These druids focused their attention on one of the four elements (air, earth, fire and water), gained an elemental companion that could briefly fuse with, and could wildshape into an elemental earlier than most druids could.

Remove ads