D&D General A Dungeon That IS A Dragon?

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Reminds me of the worm in the asteroid that the Millenium Falcon almost got digested by before Han realized what it was. It had a huge cave inside its belly, an even larger version could well have a dungeon.

Another route you could take is to render the adventurers tiny, so they enter a dragon's body and swim in the beast's blood like a germ. They would have to fight other microbes and the dragon's immune system to travel through its body and finish their mission before the shrink effect runs out and they get crushed.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Neth, the Living Demiplane, is essentially a dungeon with living walls that creates it own guardians and obstacles for those that invade its body. Because it is an entire plane, it is effectively endless, you can always go deeper inside of it, there is no dead end, and because it sits in the Ethereal Sea, there is never any telling what else has found a way inside and may be visiting at the same time as your party.

delphonso

Explorer
There's a Savage Worlds game called Belly of the Beast - might give you some inspiration.

It inspired a dungeon for me that took place inside a giant worm (like the Star Wars one previously mentioned). A gnome city had been swallowed ages ago, but they had somehow managed to carve out a home in the beast - mostly in swallowed rocks. It was a goofy adventure, but a fun one. Ended how you'd expect... Escaping through the other hole.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I can see a Fantastic Voyage style mission inside the body of a monster or villain or perhaps to save the body of a hero. Imagine having to hunt down and defeat a disease monster inside the body of an epic level paladin so he can save the world from some other threat that only he can deal with, and do it before the micronization ends.

Remove ads