• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A dwarf in time IC

The Rolling Man

First Post
Vonval, dwarf cleric

"I would not bother to much about the dancer. I felt something under this pile of stone but it disappeared pretty quickly. My guess is that it did not survive the fall and the weight of all these blocks."

With the danger apparently gone, Vonval pull out a short and smooth ebony wand. He points it at the nasty wound on his arm and speaks an intangible command word. The magic of the wand starts to act quickly and Vonval's wounds begin to heal.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Using 1 charge of Vonval's wand of lesser vigor (49 left), which should heal him to full in 10 rounds (and remove all subdual damage). Also, the plan was to cast the spell and then move forward to touch (I wanted to avoid an AoO) so I guess Vonval is still holding the charge. Apparently, you can hold the charge indefinitely or, at least, until you cast another spell.[/SBLOCK]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ulzim Zuccabar d'Sivis, male gnome wizard

Ulzim flops around in the water rather piteously, his fine clothes ruined, and coughs up what seems to be half the river. By some miracle, he'd managed to hold onto his wand, but his arm and side felt just short of broken. Groaning, he props himself up... and promptly find shimself nearly waist-deep in water. Grumbling loudly, he takes a closer look around. Though the smooth-walled tunnel meant nothing to him, the direction of the water did make him realize...

"Look at that! The water flows into the mountain, not away from it. Do you realize how big a chamber would have to be for that to happen? This temple might have been covering some enormous central room!" he exclaims, sodden silks forgotten in the acquisition of new knowledge.

Queek, Ulzim's rat familiar, looking remarkably like a, well, drowned rat, clambers on top of the gnome's head and begins grooming himself vigorously.

OOC: Ulzim's Wisdom Check. (1d20+1=18)

The Rolling Man

First Post
Vonval, dwarf cleric

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Look at that! The water flows into the mountain, not away from it. Do you realize how big a chamber would have to be for that to happen? This temple might have been covering some enormous central room!"
"Of course, why didn't I think of that ? Nice find, gnome. This is all the convincing I need. We should go down, following the path of the water. If you all feel like we should clear some of the debris first, I'll help as best I can but I don't see much reasons to delay this exploration for long."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ulzim Zuccabar d'Sivis, male gnome wizard

Ulzim shrugs at the idea of clearing wreckage.

"I have no interest in moving rocks... Ah, I nearly forgot! The dancer, where is it? Is it dead?" Ulzim exclaims suddenly, whipping around, wand in his hand and pointing every direction.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Brorgar (Male Dwarf Fighter 3)

Brorgar smiles at Ulzim as he whips about looking for the dancer, and then he looks at Vonal smiling.

Brorgar says "I'll get started on loosening up some of the rocks so that water can flow at least a little bit. Go ahead and scout a head a little bit while I work on this. What say you?" He starts the lengthy task of doffing his massive shield.

While working away at his shield he mumbles something *gumble, grumble* "...Sevulta..." *gumble, grumble*

Forgefly

First Post
[sblock=Sevulta] The tunnel is certainly big enough for you to ride if you wish, though there is no telling what is ahead. That and you'd have to find a way for her to get down here. [/sblock]

FreeXenon

[OOC: Sevulta being up there is OK. Having the horse (tough as he is) jumping down a nice deep hole is probably not a good idea. :(

I am more showing his connection with the horse and an element of dwarven nature (complaining). =)
]

Last edited:

Forgefly

First Post
Vonval, Revek, Brorgar

The three dwarves set to clearing enough of the rock fall to allow the water to continue flowing. It is clear that the dwarves, especially Vonval, relish being back underground; their spirits seem to improve, although they still give the gnomes a hard time.

"Afraid of getting dirty, gnome? You're already soaked!," quips Revek, evidently finding his own comment funnier than it was. Revek chuckles steadily as he works, carefully checking the load on each rock before shifting it or finding another.

OOC:I still haven't gotten a sense of what the party wants to do from here, and am inclined to let the party thrash it out rather than settling by DM fiat. Lets aim for Monday, whether down into the apparently watery heart of the mountain or back up to explore the further mysteries of the temple of the forgotten god.

Last edited:

FreeXenon

[OOC: I am thinking that once we get some of the stones cleared so that water can flow we will move one.

Last edited:

Remove ads