A dwarf in time IC

Forgefly

First Post
It is easy to see the goblins’ ambush is not going as planned. Brorgar’s charge left the apparent leader of the goblins with the four foot tip of his now broken lance sticking out of its throat. The base of his lance pins another goblin to the ground, and a third lies on the ground trampled by Sevulta’s flashing hooves.

With a quick dash to the side, Revek catches the goblin sneaking up behind them entirely by surprise with a feathered shaft in the left eye, another arrow nocked before the body hits the ground.

The remaining 8 goblins are completely nonplussed, barely holding onto their courage.

[sblock=Initiative]
21 Revek (17+4)
20 Karienna (19+1)
17 Vonval (17+0)
12 Ulzim (10+2)
7 Goblins (6+1)
5 Brorgar (4+1)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Welcome to A dwarf in time IC thread. Moments before Brorgar’s amazing charge a band of 12 goblins dashed out from behind the trees where the forest hedges in the road.

This is the 4th ambush in as many weeks, ever since your group arrived in the wild and unpatrolled forests of western Aundair you have been dogged by goblins, each ambush brings a greater number of goblins. No explanation is offered, no demands are made and yet the attacks persist. Thus far the goblins have been no match for you, but the goblins never quail, nor run away as they are usually prone to do, but face you with a grim determination to see you in your graves.

As Brorgar hadn’t paid for the lance (and presumably didn’t want it or he would have) it is broken and beyond salvaging.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Ambush.gif
    Ambush.gif
    38.7 KB · Views: 256

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Brorgar (Male Dwarf Fighter 3)

Svulta rears up on both hind legs with an angry whinnying snort at being in the midst or such feral and unworthy creatures. Both Dwarf and Horse prepare to unleash their wrath upon their reptilian foes while Brorgar menacingly brandishes his Dwarven War Axe at the remaining Goblins.

Brorgar rumbles out "Don't give the gobby's reprieve. Give them no quarter." as his magnificent mount rears itself.

*...and he waits for his initiative to finally come around :)*

[OOC: Nonplussed and smiling Goblins really make Brorgar irate. ;)
I stat'ed out Svulta with more NA and HP via Magebred. He is a truly Dwarven War Horse. =)
Is that OK, FF?
]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Karienna Maguen d'Sivis; gnome beguiler 3

Karienna had been out of sorts all morning- one of the dwarves had dripped his breakfast ale onto her freshly made map as they were planning their route for the day. She thought she might be able to save the document, but still...

And to top things off, they had yet another goblin ambush to deal with- though that was still easier than dealing with dwarves, and much easier than having Ulzim look down his nose at her when she made a historical reference from a source he disagreed with, no matter how accurate it was. With a bit of a flourish, she reached into the pouch of arcane ingredients on her belt and drew forth a pinch of fine sand. "Stupid goblins!," she cried a bit shrilly, following that with a string of harsh barking syllables that the others might recognize as goblin speech. Another phrase, this time in the language of magic, punctuated her tirade as she flung the sand outward in a glittering puff.

[sblock=Goblin-speech]"You are nocturnal, idiots! That means daytime is time to be sleeping!"[/sblock]

OOC: Casting Sleep, Will save DC 14 or sleep for 3 minutes; centered on the intersection of M/N 7/8, should catch that group in a 10 foot burst. Up to 4 HD of creatures affected, lowest HD first.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ulzim Zuccabar d'Sivis, gnome wizard 3

"Nargoth's Nascent Nosehairs, will these troublesome trilling trollites ever gain the wit to leave us alone!" Ulzim declares in extreme irritation. The constant attacks annoy him, delay their mission, and make it extremely difficult to look good compared to the dwarf on the prancing charger. Eyes sweeping over the battlefield, he seeks out the strongest-seeming goblin and points an accusing finger at him, sweeping his cloak free to flow in the breeze and making his rings sparkle and flash.

"You! You brute of the bulging biceps and buffoon brain! I rather think that armor of yours is getting heavy and cumbersome...," he quips nastily, a dark ray streaking forth from his hand.

[sblock=OOC]Using ray of weakness. If Ulzim succeeds on a ranged touch attack in 30 ft. (he'll move up a bit if necessary) the goblin will take -2 on attack rolls and have speed reduced by 10 ft. I'm trying to do a little verbal swashbuckling here because Ulzim isn't going to go diving into combat.[/sblock]

Jack of Tales

First Post
Revek sighs in exasperation at his allies' witty remarks. Combat is about killing, not exchanging banter. He moves in silence toward the goblin rounding around behind the party and glares at its grim demeanor. These attacks were very strange, goblins are normally such skittish beasts not determined warriors. These goblins have something they mean to protect and we are apparently the threat. Revek moves swiftly across the field [Move to L13 for the 15ft to gain skirmish] drawing an arrow from his quiver as he does so. He calmly lines up along the lead feather and allows a faint smile to play across his face. Goodbye. He whispers to himself.

OOC[sblock] Since you roll initiative I'm assuming you're doing the rolling, Forgefly? I don't care either way but: 1d20 + 8 for hit (+1 vs. goblins, Yay dwarves.) and 2d6+1 damage.[/sblock]

The Rolling Man

First Post
Vonval Dwarf Cleric 3

Vonval is unsurprised by the renewed attack of the goblins. The attacks have become almost routine to the group. Like the others, however, he wonders what guide these creatures to pursue them is this desolate area of Aundair. However, there isn't much to do other then repel them, once again. Vonval grabs his silver symbol of the dragon below and chants a quick prayer to his patron. "From darkness, I see clarity. Khyber! Guide my hand!" Thus infused by Khyber's favor, Vonval tightens his hold on his heavy weapon and waits for the goblins to come closer.

OOC:
[SBLOCK]Casting Divine favor then readying Vonval's morningstar.

Active spells & effects:
Divine favor (10 rounds) +1 to attack rolls and damage[/SBLOCK]

Forgefly

First Post
Initiative 21-7 Results

The calm after the charge last only the briefest of moments before Revek springs into action, pulling his bowstring to his cheek even as he runs 10 quick steps to the south. He catches the goblin off guard by his quick maneuver and ends its pitiful life. As he turns to find his next target, Karienna tosses forth the silvery sand which seems to come alive under the power of her spell, before settling on the goblins like the morning's dew. Three of the goblins lose their grips on their weapons and tumble to the ground, already snoring loudly. Vonval invokes his dark patron and feels Khyber's blessing upon him.

Ulzim's words fall on deaf ears, but his black ray catches the goblin in the center of the chest, he seems to sag under the weight of his armor and his morningstar dips toward the ground.

Even though the goblins are now outnumbered, the front two goblins charge forward to bring you down, neither of them are able to hit their targets. The back goblins close toward Brorgar, attempting to flank him. One of the goblins swings at Svulta's exposed belly as he rears up, but misses. The other closes in on the other side of Brorgar his morning star bounces off of Brorgar's tower shield.

[sblock=OOC]
Revek 17+8=25 hits 7 damage
Karienna Goblin saves 2-1=1 fails 5-1=4 fails 16-1=15 fails 17-1=16 saves
Vonval No rolls
Ulzim 2+5=7 AP=6 Modified Roll =13 Hit
K10 charges Ulzim but is so weak he only makes it half way there this turn.
H10 charges Vonval 6+4=10 miss
G5 attacks Svulta's belly as he rears up, but misses (6+2=8)
K7 attacks Brorgar 19+3=22 miss, but just barely.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round 2.gif
    Round 2.gif
    37.7 KB · Views: 227

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Brorgar (Male Dwarf Fighter 3); AC 23; HP: 34/34

Sevulta (AC 19; 38 HP) takes advantage of the goblin's positioning near its belly while he is rearing and brings down the full force of its attacks upon the soon to be squishy Gobber.

Brorgar laughs at their attempted flanking and says "Feel true Dwarven wrath you disorganized draconic rabble.". He snaps his Dwarven War Axe down and across to cut clear its throat with a deft hand.

[OOC:
Sevulta: 2 hooves +7 melee (1d6+5) and bite +5 melee (1d4+2)
Brorgar +8 1d10+3 (+1 higher ground) (+1 Goblinoid)
]

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ulzim Zuccabar d'Sivis, male gnome wizard

"That morningstar is so... so heavy, isn't it, my ugly friend? I rather think you should drop it, my magnificent maleficent maggot!" Ulzim says in a taunting tone.

Spellcasting in Gnome: [sblock]Earth reclaims her bounty, and your strength returns to Eberron![/sblock] He stabs his finger forward and a thin, gray ray springs from his hand to strike his weakened foe. As Ulzim casts, he casually dances backward, in what some might recognize as the ultra-fashionable Light-foot Three-step dance move, done with a bit of a twirl and a definite flourish of cape and scarf.

[sblock=OOC]Casting ray of enfeeblement on K10, my previous victim, for 1d6+2 Str damage if I hit. Then I'm going to oh-so-casually move back twenty feet.[/sblock]

The Rolling Man

First Post
Vonval Dwarf Cleric 3

[SBLOCK=Undercommon]"Ah! Pathetic shards of much greater past."[/SBLOCK]
Vonval taunts the goblins in a weird language as he blocks a blow. He then tries to brain the smaller creature in front of him with his byeshk weapon.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Attacking H10 if it's not dead on Vonval's turn. K11 otherwise.
Att +6, dam 1d8+3

Active spells & effects:
Divine favor (9 rounds) +1 to attack rolls and damage[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads