A First Real Look At The Reincarnated 'Into The Borderlands'!

Goodman Games has posted a whole pile of photos of its 5th Edition conversion of Into The Borderlands. First announced in March 2017, these books were available for pre-order in January of this year. Now, the pre-orders are shipping very soon, and photos abound! This is the first in a series of "Original Adventures Reincarnated" line. (Thanks to Jeremy for the scoop!)

Goodman Games has posted a whole pile of photos of its 5th Edition conversion of Into The Borderlands. First announced in March 2017, these books were available for pre-order in January of this year. Now, the pre-orders are shipping very soon, and photos abound! This is the first in a series of "Original Adventures Reincarnated" line. (Thanks to Jeremy for the scoop!)

The hardcover includes:

· Restored scans of two complete printings of the original B1: In Search of the Unknown. Specifically, the second and sixth printings, one featuring the original monochrome cover and the other featuring the later color cover by Darlene.
· Three complete monster and treasure assortments for stocking the dungeons of In Search of the Unknown (which are “un-stocked” in the original 1E edition).
· Restored scans of two complete printings of the original B2: The Keep on the Borderlands. Specifically the second and fourth printings. These are distinguished the change in monster stats between the two printings (Dexterity scores were included in early printings). The later printing also features six interior illustrations that were not present in earlier printings.
· A complete, “pure” 5E conversion of In Search of the Unknown, including tables for stocking it with creatures.
· A separate chapter with a few new encounters for the Caverns of Quasqueton, all inspired by references in the original work.
· A complete, “pure” 5E conversion of The Keep on the Borderlands.
· A separate chapter with a few new encounters for The Keep on the Borderlands, all inspired by references in the original work.
· Appendices with 5E stats for newly introduced monsters, hirelings and followers, and magic items.
· A chapter of introductions and testimonials.

You can read the full interview with Chris Doyle on Goodman Games site.

ITB_COver.JPG

gg2.jpg

gg3.jpg

gg4.jpg

gg5.jpg

gg6.jpg

gg7.jpg

gg8.jpg

gg9.jpg

gg10.jpg

Jay Verkuilen

Grand Master of Artificial Flowers
The official placement of the Keep in the Yeomanry in Oerth. (I forget which book gave that placement.)
Me too, but that's definitely a retcon. The original was world-less and then put in Mystara, which was the original BECM world.

Return to the Keep on the Borderlands. 2E. Set in an generic world. A WotC rep said the "Greyhawk" logo on the back cover was a mistake and misnomer.

Yes it was generic. Return to the Keep was an overlooked module that was really good and had a lot of excellent content. It had the ruined connection to Quas Quetin, too. I played in a game set in it, which remains one of my favorites.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
That binding looks awfully tight. I foresee pages falling out faster than 1st printing of the 5e PHB! ;)

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Although I've played D&D from around 1987, our group didn't go through much of the published adventures before 2e came out. So having some of the classics I've heard about often in both original form and converted to 5e appeals to me. Count me in for a copy in may! I'll check my local comic store first but if they aren't getting any, order it from the links above.

darjr

I crit!
I wan't this to hand to my grandkids to run. And Goodman Games bindings are top notch. I've got the metamorphosis alpha deluxe and it is fantastic. I looked at it at Gary Con but when I got back down to buy one they were all gone. :( So I wait like everyone else.

Remove ads

Remove ads