D&D 5E A Gamestore

Zardnaar

Legend
My flgs closes down in April they don't seem to last. Over the last 27 years they come and go.

But in a different location a different store plan B or C.

This place has been going 20 odd years. It has D&D, board

games, arcade games, mini golf, laser tag. When my niece was 11 she smoked me.

20230319_103329.jpg

Ticket to Ride selection. We bought Japan today.

20230319_103202.jpg

Some of the D&D stuff.
20230319_103232.jpg

Boardgame stuff.
20230319_103630.jpg

Other stuff. Not my thing.
20230319_103027.jpg

Still more stuff entrance to laser tag.

20230319_103137.jpg

Game room. Wednesday D&D, Thursday board games, Friday MtG there's also Flesh and Blood nights. Some sort of event most nights.

Also does coffees, fries, burgers, nibbles type stuff not sure about booze. They also do events like children's birthday parties.

5-10 minute walk to a university, 5-10 minute walk to CBD, brewery over the road. Convenient parking.

Bit of everything plus food, location location location. Kids, families, students.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Vagabond, King of Cards and Hobby Master here in Auckland have all managed to last a few decades so far. There are also more hobby shops that have joined them across the city now.

Sorry to hear that your local is closing.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
@Zardnaar that actually looks way cooler than any in Auckland. It's a shame it's shutting down.

Vagabond, King of Cards and Hobby Master here in Auckland have all managed to last a few decades so far. There are also more hobby shops that have joined them across the city now.

Jeeze, for a second there I thought you were gonna say they've closed, you had me worried.

Zardnaar

Legend

Think I went to one in New Market when I was up there. Auckland something like 20 times the size and then some.

Last edited:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Think I went to one in New Narket when I was up there. Auckland something like 20 times the size and then some.
There is Heroes for Sale which I keep forgetting us there (I live in Newmarket), I think there is a site somewhere near Newmarket which I believe is a boardgame cafe, probably able to hire rooms for rpgs, I don't think we have one with so much stuff like what you posted though.

pukunui

Legend
There is Heroes for Sale which I keep forgetting us there (I live in Newmarket), I think there is a site somewhere near Newmarket which I believe is a boardgame cafe, probably able to hire rooms for rpgs, I don't think we have one with so much stuff like what you posted though.
Heroes is more of a comics shop. They’ve always had a small selection of D&D stuff.

King of Cards recently downsized, and Vagabond downsized years ago. I’d say they both have the same amount of gaming stuff as Zard’s shop, just not the extra laser tag and stuff.

That being said, the laser tag place in New Lynn also sells D&D stuff (along with some other games) at their counter.

I haven’t been to Hobby Master in a while, and I haven’t ever been to any of the newer ones that have popped up here and there.

Zardnaar

Legend
Heroes is more of a comics shop. They’ve always had a small selection of D&D stuff.

King of Cards recently downsized, and Vagabond downsized years ago. I’d say they both have the same amount of gaming stuff as Zard’s shop, just not the extra laser tag and stuff.

That being said, the laser tag place in New Lynn also sells D&D stuff (along with some other games) at their counter.

I haven’t been to Hobby Master in a while, and I haven’t ever been to any of the newer ones that have popped up here and there.

This place started off as a funxobe type place. Ten pin bowling, minigolf etc.

The game stuff is kinda new I bought Ravnica here as everywhere else was sold out.

Remove ads