D&D 5E A Generator for 5E Prep in 5 Minutes

The Quests of the 5E Prep Tool has been updated to use the 5E D&D Quests generator, which takes Level_Range into account for reward, quest-giver and possible monster type.

Check out the updated D&D 5E Prep tool

5e_quests.JPG

Filters have now been updated to just 4 of them

Individual quanities removed for a standard amount of 10 Names, 4 Encounters, 4 NPCs, 10 Rumours, 2 Dungeons, 4 Settlements, 4 Quests, 4 Treasure Hoards, 2 Villains, 4 Unusual Locations

Prep_Quanity affects amount of items generated (Standard/Half/Double)
Level_Range affects Encounters, Dungeons, Quests and Treasure
Terrain affects Encounters, Dugeons and Unusual Locations
VGtM affects Encounters

Updated tool here

5e_prep_fillters.JPG

Last edited:

Baumi

Adventurer
This tool gets better and better! 8D Thanks!!

The only thing I don't get is how to use the 5 Room Dungeon. Most Rooms are way to vague to use it on the spot. Any tips on that?

This tool gets better and better! 8D Thanks!!

The only thing I don't get is how to use the 5 Room Dungeon. Most Rooms are way to vague to use it on the spot. Any tips on that?

Thanks for the support!

Hmm first thing to check out on 5-Room Dungeon is the description at 1d4chan.

But I'll admit it's hard to use as I've had a similar problem when using the gen with 5-room dungeons. I was thinking of creating a few templates or adding more detail specific to 5E / fantasy.

Are there any areas you find harder to use than others? Or anything that works well with the 5-room dungeon?

Baumi

Adventurer
Everything else clicks wonderfully for me and is a great source of inspiration! 8D

I'm usually quite good and incorparating stuff on the fly, but 5-room dungeons doesn't, because it relies heavily on riddles and puzzels, which I am terrible at.

An Epic Tier (Level 17+) has now been added, with a terrain-neutral list of encounters for that level.
Not sure how useful that is but I added it for the sake of completeness.

That takes the tiers to Low (1-3), Medium (5-10), High (11-16), Epic (17+)

If I did another version I might look at what would be useful at the different tiers!

Remove ads