• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Hard Time in Harrowdale: The Cavernous Cellar Caper

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Abrielle can make a heal check to provide long-term care, though, correct? If she does that, don't we heal twice as quickly?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Abrielle can make a heal check to provide long-term care, though, correct? If she does that, don't we heal twice as quickly?
can you start using size = 2 Rhun. It is hard for me to see that small of script and to deturmine if it is directed to me or not (or naught or Knot)

Rhun

First Post
OOC for Scott Dewar: Size 2 is standard size. No need to use the size function at all for that. :D Size 1 + Bold is how I do my OOC notation in every game I'm in.

Arkhandus

First Post
OOC: And OOC comments should be in spoiler blocks (sblock in square brackets, then text, then /sblock in square brackets) as requested at the beginning, or put in the OOC thread.... But anyway, yes, you heal twice as much ability damage when spending 24 hours resting in bed. If Abrielle has the Heal skill and makes a DC 15 check per patient, she can double the healing rate for them, but it prevents her from getting total rest (so she would only heal 1 hp/level per day), and she'd probably need to spend about 5 silver pieces per patient on proper materials for it.

Myth and Legend

First Post
[sblock]Umm Abby is a Bard with 8 Wisdom i'm not sure why you guys think she can do anything but stare at a wound and say "EEEEWWWWW" or something :)[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Still waiting on a definitive answer to my questions about the inn and how long you're staying...... Also, if you're staying for more than one night, I need to know what quality of meals you're going to buy each day while you're there: good, average, or poor.

Fayne suffers the first symptoms of Filth Fever on the first morning since leaving the cellar. Abrielle starts to suffer the same on the second morning. Save DC against it is 12, and 2 successful saves in a row (one per day) will fight off the disease.

Fayne suffers 3 points of temporary Dexterity damage and 2 points of temporary Constitution damage. Make 4 new Fortitude saving throws to see if you fight off the illness anytime soon.

Abrielle suffers 2 points of temporary Dexterity damage and 3 points of temporary Constitution damage. She also needs to make 4 new Fortitude saves to see if she fights off the disease soon.

If either has really bad luck with the saves, they may need to return to the House of Mystra or one of the other temples in town for aid. If that becomes the case, RP your return to the temple and your plea/whatever for seeking divine aid....[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=ooc] I was going to suggest 2 days, i think, and i forgot what the prices were. How much for an average room?[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Abby is definitely eating fine quality meals, and resting for as long as she needs. If she is on the verge of death, she will go to the house of Mystra (please tell me if that is needed). Saves: 17, 2, 15, 16 :/ I guess healing will be needed?[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Abby starts fighting off the illness on her second day of suffering its symptoms, but by the third day it overcomes her body's natural defenses temporarily, making her feel even sicker and more shaky. However, by the fourth day her elven vitality starts to assert itself over the fever again, and her symptoms fade with the fifth day of rest.

[sblock=ooc]Still waiting on a reply from Fayne with new rolls. I'll check my notes and stuff later to see how much the group needs to spend for its room and board, but right now I've got other stuff that needs to be taken care of today. Evanar will recover naturally from the remainder of his poison ability damage over the course of the group's rest over a few or several days, depending on circumstances.

Abrielle suffers 3 more temporary Dexterity damage and 1 more temporary Constitution damage, but overcomes the Filth Fever afterward. By the end of the fifth day, she's recovered from all the ability damage and the disease itself. If she goes back to adventuring before the fifth day of rest, she'll still have some ability damage lingering until the end of the fifth day.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry, I've been out of town the last week with limited access. I will get something posted for Fayne today. Please pardon the delays.[/sblock]

Remove ads