A Hard Time in Harrowdale: The Cavernous Cellar Caper

Arkhandus

First Post
You retire to the inn, dining and resting for several days while Abrielle and Fayne are ill and Evanar is weak from poison. Abrielle is forced to pay for room and board this time since she's sick and not fit to perform song or music to earn her keep, until the illness abates. All in all, you spend five days resting at the inn, five boring days as Abrielle has trouble singing or playing her instruments, while feverish, shaky, and coughing.

Fayne recovers quickly, in just two days of rest, able to move about freely afterward, but Evanar spends much of his time in bed, recovering from the weakness inflicted by all those spider-bites earler. Abde'ragman studies his spellbook a bit during this time but isn't bed-ridden at all, unlike the others, so he gets out and walks around town a bit each day, whereas the others suffer bedsores for awhile.

Finally, you all feel well enough to leave the inn......

[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the delay folks. Just got too tired and distracted yesterday, and had a computer error on Thursday night that made me lose an hour's worth of work, so I went to bed without bothering to post anything.

What accomodations are Fayne and Abde'ragman seeking at the inn & tavern? Fayne will likely be forced to pay for a private room while sick, or left out on the street rather than get the rest of the inn's patrons infected by sharing the common room floor with them. Fayne recovered from the illness after two days of rest, by which point he's healed the small amount of initial ability damage from it.

Feel free to roleplay some before going back to the job..... Anyway, standard PHB prices apply at the inn you stayed at. So Abrielle spends 12 gold and 5 silver for good meals and a private room, while Evanar spends 11 gold and 5 silver on average meals and a private room (or just 4 gold total if Evanar opts for a spot next to the common room's fireplace, using his own bedroll instead). Fayne's and Abde'ragman's costs depend on what food and accomodations they get, but as mentioned above Fayne will be required to buy at least 2 nights with a private room, unless he wants to sleep outside somewhere and risk getting fleas and risk getting his valuables stolen.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The calishite, not being ill like the others, send his time cultivating his intellect by reading arcane texts and meditating. His days outside are spend walking and talking with other arcanists that happen to be in town. He had been staying at standard accommodations, saving a little by sleeping in the common room.
He will go to the guard to ask if they had any other news about the assault he suffered.

"Nothing new." he declares as he enters the inn, leaving his bag in a chair and sitting next to the elven lass. "Let me see..." He lifts her right eyelid and looked into her eye. "The conjunctive seems not to be inflamed any more..." after that, with a gesture, that now came natural after 5 days of checking his partners, AbdeRagman indicated Abrielle to open her mouth, and he checked on her throat lighting his silver ring with magical light. "Everything fine here. I say you are cured at last." the mage smiled and stands up just to sit down next to Evanar.
"Lets see, you know the routine lad..." AbdeRagman preceed to check on Evanar in the same way. "Good, you are also in perfect conditions. Apparently your system has purged the last remnants of the toxins." the calishite sentenced. "We could check with the clerics, but they will likely ask for a donation." the wizard makes a face and chuckles. "Clerics!"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=arkhandis]
Evanar spends 11 gold and 5 silver on average meals and a private room (or just 4 gold total if Evanar opts for a spot next to the common room's fireplace, using his own bedroll instead).
there is a slight problem with cash flow here. the temple took the last of his coin to restore some of the lost strength. he only has 9 sp and 3 cp [/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Fayne, who would be notorious for his spendthrift ways if only he stayed in a single place long enough for anyone to get to know his habits, goes back to sleeping in the common room as soon as the worst of his sickness is over. In truth, the warrior would have preferred to sleep outside of the city; in his limited experience he had found that the animals of the wilderness posed much less a threat than the rats of civilization (animal and human). He settles his bill with the innkeep before going to join his companions, finally ready to complete their job and finish cleaning out Garrett's basement.

Joining the others at the table, Fayne grimaces in face of the Calishite's fine mood. The stern warrior shakes his head, and speaks in low tones. "You seem chipper this morning. I hope THAT is not contagious."

[sblock=For Arkhandus]
Fayne will take the cheapest route necessary for room & board. If you just want to note the total cost, I'll deduct it from Fayne's charsheet.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"There is no need to be grim all the time, that is for fools and shelf righteous idiots. The changes of a person's mood is something perfectly normal. At least for most of us." AbdeRagman chuckles, looking at the other two to approve his joke.

Scott DeWar

A stiring near the fireplace shows a bedroll with a lump the size of a big human. a tosseled haired youth's head pops out and a grouchy scratchy voice mumbles out, " you guys are louder then a whole mule team of complaining jackasses."

He looks up snd sees the 4 members of his group.

Ducking his head in slowly he returns a few seconds later. [sblock=for arkhandus] he is checking his purse right now to discover his lack of coinage. [/sblock]

He crawles out of the bedroll slowly andstiffly, then rolls it up. setting it aside he wanders over to Fayne, " hey buddy, got a moment?" he whispers in his still raspy horsse voice.

Scott DeWar

[sblock=whispered to fayne] "I think I am short about 4 gp for my sleeping here in the commen room. can I barrow that much until we get paid?"[/sblock]

Remove ads