A Hard Time in Harrowdale: The Cavernous Cellar Caper

Rhun

First Post
Fayne reaches into his pouch and counts out four gold coins, which he hands to Evanar. "Truly hard times in Harrowdale, eh?" he says, the hint of a smile on his grim face.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"quite. And next time I just may have to tough it out, rather then pay a priest."

Evenar walks over to the desk and pays up for his stay and meals, choosing his last meal here as breakfast.

As he eats he listens to the conversation, wondering what to do next.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

"I could care less what that merchant does. We need to be ready for a fight before we get down there again. Is every one healthy and ready?"

Rhun

First Post
"I feel well enough," says Fayne. "And hopefully the worst of the vermin are slain. It dawns on me that it isn't quite natural for so many foul creatures to infest an area like that. Do you think there is something unnatural behind this?" Fayne ponders the question himself, trying to recall anything he might have heard or read of similar circumstances.

Knowledge: Arcana +6 or Spellcraft +7 to come up with any theories on what might be going on.

Scott DeWar

"beats me." mumbles evenar,"I only know the trade routs that uncle took me on. This is all new to me, as you already know."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Hmm perhaps there is really something unusual about that. Let me take a moment to recall the stories of this area, perhaps there is something hidden in the tales of ancient" says the calishite before submerging in his own thoughts.

Knw Arc +8 Knw History +4 to recall or interpret something about the infestation

Arkhandus

First Post
Fayne cannot recall any monsters or spells right now that would fill the tunnels and cellar with rodents and vermin like that. He remembers a shapechanging spider-monster called an aranea that can use magic, but doesn't remember anything about those controlling other vermin. Abde'ragman realizes that he hasn't read or heard anything at all about any rodent problems or vermin problems in the Dalelands, not even anything remotely related like common farm pests in the region.

Your time at the inn is peaceful, if boring, and finally you're ready to head back to Garret's place, to finish the pest-extermination job and get paid....

[sblock=ooc]You can roll on InvisibleCastle, y'know..... I rolled a 16 total for Fayne and a 5 total for Abde'ragman's Knowledge checks, so you prolly woulda been better off trying InvisibleCastle this time. :erm:

Abrielle/Myth & Legend, you still with us?

Fayne spends 5 GP and 1 SP on room and board. And loans Evanar 4 GP. Abde'ragman spends 4 GP on room and board, eating standard fare, drinking watered-down wine, and sleeping near the fireplace in the common room.

Also, forgot to post it earlier, but XP rewards for this adventure so-far are being posted in the OOC thread now![/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads