• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E A humble 4e suggestion

JohnSnow

Hero
I'm all for rational combinations. Arrows shouldn't always come with a quiver. In fact, you should have to buy them separately.

Swords and daggers should have scabbards included. Because most of them have to be custom-made for a particular blade.

However - it should be possible to buy a scabbard or sheath separately as well. Or a custom quiver. On the other hand, that kind of detail sounds more appropriate for something like the new Arms & Equipment Guide.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Stone Dog said:
Thats it. Quivers and scabbards are officially the six-pack plastic rings of the D&D world.

Not to worry; the quivers are made of leather, and the green slimes, gelatinous cubes, and black puddings take care of them. :D

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Curse those Rangers, preaching their nature-loving ways and littering the forest with their discarded quivers.

This would also explain where underground dwelling races get leather armor - they scavange the discarded quivers.

Brentos

First Post
Ohhhh!

Klaus said:
Whereas I, OTOH, would like to see a "containers" section, with Backpack, Saddlebag, Quiver, Scabbard, Pouch, Adventurer's Bag (my invention), Scroll Holder, Wand Bracer, etc.

To me, when you buy arrows, they come bundled and tied into a neat stack inside a piece of cloth. When your quiver is empty, just slip the bundle into the quiver and remove the twine that ties it. Full round action: refill quiver.

Listing those containers open the door for, among other things, enchanting containers, so you have a Scabbard of Keen Edges, a Replenishable Quiver, etc. And when you buy a container, you get a clear section in your inventory to fill. Might even make encumbrance easier.

I really like this idea! <copies to Google-notes in case 4e does not do this>

Andor

First Post
So pop quiz. If you need to make a masterwork quiver to enchant a quiver of Elohana how long does it take you? What does it cost?

Nyaricus

First Post
Klaus said:
Whereas I, OTOH, would like to see a "containers" section, with Backpack, Saddlebag, Quiver, Scabbard, Pouch, Adventurer's Bag (my invention), Scroll Holder, Wand Bracer, etc.

To me, when you buy arrows, they come bundled and tied into a neat stack inside a piece of cloth. When your quiver is empty, just slip the bundle into the quiver and remove the twine that ties it. Full round action: refill quiver.

Listing those containers open the door for, among other things, enchanting containers, so you have a Scabbard of Keen Edges, a Replenishable Quiver, etc. And when you buy a container, you get a clear section in your inventory to fill. Might even make encumbrance easier.
Potion Belt! Do NOT forget the Potion Belt!

But really, great post Klaus :D

cheers,
--N

Remove ads