A little idea to fix Kobold Shifty

andarilhor

First Post
Many times WOTC has said the shifty power of the kobold has to be powered down, so I thinked of a little tweak which can work:

Shifty Kobold Racial
Encounter
Minor Action
Effect:
You can shift 1 square.
Special: As a minor action, you can recharge this power if it's has been expended this encounter.

Burrito Al Pastor

First Post
Kobolds are so freakin' awesome that they deserve an OP racial power. Having two shifts also makes them tactically fascinating, which is wholly appropriate, given their approach to combat.

keterys

First Post
Yeah - basically I think allowing them to shift 2 squares in a turn is not necessarily bad, but allowing them to shift 1 square out of threat, take a full move, then a charge or deft strike to somewhere else... it all just starts getting a little extreme.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Why not just trim out your 'special' line, so it looks like this?

Shifty Kobold Racial
Encounter
Minor Action
Effect:
You can shift 1 square.

i.e. Kobolds get to shift as a minor action once per encounter. I'd imagine that they would get to use this ability in every encounter and would fit the 'per encounter' design of most (all?) other racial powers.

FireLance

Legend
It's just me or this don't change so much in the actual mechanics?
It means that in order to shift as a minor action, you must have already shifted earlier on your turn with your move action or by using a power. You can't, for example, use a minor action to shift out of a threatened square, move your speed, and then make a ranged attack. At most, you can use your move action to shift out of the threatened square and your minor action to shift another square. This puts less distance between you and the opponent that was threatening you.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases