A New D&D Book in 2019: Acquisitions Incorporated Dungeon Manual!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's being reported on GeekWire that Penny Arcade has teamed up with WotC's to produce a D&D-licensed official Acquisitions Inc. D&D sourcebook, the "Acquisitions Incorporated Dungeon Manual".

AcqInc-DnD_2019-1260x983.png

Acquisitions Incorporated started over a decade ago (during the D&D 4E era) as a podcast featuring WotC's Christopher Perkins and various members and friends of Penny Arcade. It quickly grew to performing at large live events (similar those that Critical Role does these days). Penny Arcade, of course, is responsible for the big PAX video games conventions and the newer PAX Unplugged.

GeekWire has an interview with Penny Arcade. It seems they originally planned to do it on Kickstarter, but when WotC got wind of what they were up to, they got in touch and proposed a partnership instead.

Bleeding Cool also has an interview with PA's Jerry Holkins, as does Geek & Sundry.

The book was announced at PAX South 2019. Holkins describes it as "a cool book in general full of cool art, strange characters, and weird goings-on that demand to be inserted into home campaigns... It’s much more focused on personalities and the mysteries of the organization. We do feature a number of strange new items that go along with your role in the company, though I probably shouldn’t say much more than that."

Attachments

• AcqInc-DnD_2019-1260x983.png
    AcqInc-DnD_2019-1260x983.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 30,422
Last edited by a moderator:

Mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, new D&D stuff is fun. I like the sense of whimsy the art has. On the other hand, Penny Arcade can be problematic. And I didn’t care for the last streaming to D&D book product, the Tal’Dorei sourcebook.

epithet

Explorer
Although I have no interest whatsoever in using AI in my campaign, I'm interested to see what will be in the book. I have enjoyed the Acquisitions Inc shows on YouTube, and I think there is a lot of useful stuff in the Ravnica book despite the fact that the setting itself is of no interest to me.

I'm still trying to figure out what this is...but I'm very intrigued!

Yeah I didn't pick up on what type of book this would be. For all I can figure out it could be an art book. Which may not be a bad thing but I certainly cannot set any expectations or even hype from what I read.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah I didn't pick up on what type of book this would be. For all I can figure out it could be an art book. Which may not be a bad thing but I certainly cannot set any expectations or even hype from what I read.

It looks like this will be a third party rules sourcebook on how to run an adventuring corporation in a D&D home campaign. Not a WotC D&D release, but like the Goodman Games books officially licensed as D&D books.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I wish they would first release the rules set and software used to run the PubG/Fortnite battle-battle royal style D&D game that Mike Krahulik ran a couple PAX's ago.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases