5E A New Frontier [IC]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Why is everyone so hellbent on killing each other? Ramas lets out a huge sigh he has realized the only way he can save lives is by taking from other's its not right.
Ramas shuts his eyes and once again raises a timber before flicking his wrist and launching it at the captain again.

[/ooc]the captain must make a sexts save vs 14 if he fails he takes 3d8. If he saves the next guy goes and so on for the next 90ft or the object hits something[/ooc]
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Luthor: Two hits vs ACs 17 & 19 for 5 & 6 damage respectively.
OOC:
hit vs 17 misses (Luthor has AC 18), as for second one:
Reaction on hit: Wrath of the Storm vs Captain (Dex save DC 14 for half): 2D8 = [6, 7] = 13

By RAW, this shouldn't end Sactuary effect as it is not attack nor spell...but if DM rules differently, I totally agree.
I will wait with my full round action, to see if captain gets killed or disabled by this lightning or that poltergeist spell.


As the second attack penetrates both Luthors spiritual and physical defenses, he reacts as his armor crumples and great surge of lightning blasts through the sword and into the pirate. He manages to hear something from lower deck and yells back.

"This is no time for pacifism. They are trying to kill us! This is self-defense, not peace negotiation. Fight first, offer surrender once we win! High seas are no place for the meek!"
 
Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
The Pirate Captain dodges the reaction to his attack, but is still singed and standing with enough energy to side-step the incoming debris. The pirate behind him was not so fortunate.
 

Jago

Villager
Tarukka saw stars upon the pirate's hit connecting, his shield too slow to block the cut. It crashed into his collarbone, cracking into his armor, the chain and its padding doing little to dissuade the force of the blow. He screamed in pain, feeling his shoulder go limp for a moment before adrenaline rushed in to stave off the pain.

In anger, the Tiefling lashed out with his axe, swinging wildly to hewer the person whom had damaged him so savagely. The pain bled back into the blinding rage of his wild elven upbringing, encouraging him to forsake all else but the fight.

[sblock=Actions]Move - None
Bonus - None
Action - Attack Pirate that hit me
Attack Roll - [roll0] + Bless: [roll1]
Damage Roll - [roll2][/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]HP - 3/11
AC - 18 (Shield)

Saves
Str: +1 Dex: +1 Con: +1 Int: +3 Wis: +3 Cha: +4[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Explorer
At sea
Morning
Round 4


Arjhan had downed many of the pirates, but many were still left. The others were holding their own, however, so he remained on the stairs behind Tarukka.


“Steady on, my friend,” he assured the paladin. Then he extended his hand toward the pirate captain again and called down the blazing light of the gods upon the evildoer once more.


[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action: Cast Sacred Flame. Pirate Captain needs to beat a DC 13 Dex save
Sacred flame radiant damage: 1D8 = [3] = 3
Concentration: Bless
[/sblock]


[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 11/11
AC: 16
Breath weapon*
Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (1/2): Animal Friendship (Domain), Speak with Animals (Domain), Bless, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Shield of Faith
[/sblock]

 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"Still too many of you, pirates. Do you want another taste of High Captains power!? Surrender, before it is too late!"

Raising his shield slightly, Luthor focuses on defending against attacks that pass through his gods sanctuary.
"This is first and last time I will ask." after barely a moments pause to see if anyone takes it he shrugs
"Nah, you're pirates, you die!"

Forsaking his defenses, he opens up, slashing at the captain of the pirates.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: N/A
Bonus: N/A
Action: Attack vs pirate captain; damage: 1D20+6+1D4 = [12]+6+[4] = 22
1D8+4 = [5]+4 = 9

[/sblock]

OOC: had an idea to keep sanctuary up and Dodge...but doesn't help resolve this and only keeps captain blocked since the pirate next to Luthor will simply change targets. Burning my last spell for another thunder wave...I couldn't clear the area because our fighter got mixed up. So, slug fest it is! We could use more ranged support or one lucky hit will take anyone of us out. So, those of you still at range, help! The Captain took plenty damage and now 9 more so maybe we can get this done quickly?
 

River Song

Explorer

"Cat and mouse, mouse and cat,
which is which? I don't know that!"
Thren hums to himself as he attacks again.

[sblock=actions]

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[/sblock]
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: got lost somewhere along here think I took my action this round, or did i? Either way firebolt to hit [roll0] damage[roll1]

Ramas takes steady aim to not hit his allies before unleashing a torrent of flame towards the pirate captain.
 
Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
Time seems to stand still as the Pirate Captain dodges left and right. The fury of the storm lashes at him, but he dodges. A flung plank attempts to impale him, but he dodges. A ray of light from above seeks retribution for his numerous sins. Again he dodges, but his footing is awkward, the deck is wet, the ship rocks against the ebe and flow of the ocean, debris is everywhere, and his luck just ran out. As he side steps his boot catches awkwardly on some rope just as Luthor strikes! He attempts to parry, but the strike is too true as it catches his open midsection cutting him deep. The Pirate Captain drops his cutlass and dagger and futily attempts to keep his stomach closed as his life blood spills all over the deck. The other pirates look in shock and disbelief as their Captain keels over on the deck. Two pirates immediately drop their arms and throw their hands up as the remaining three dash for the rails prefering to take their chances with the sea.
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
]"Treat those two well I made themna deal!" Ramas shouts above the groaning of the interlocked ships as he shields his eyes from heat and smoke, he tries to aid the sailors the best he can.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"You really shouldn't expect other people to follow your deals if you don't discuss it first. These are pirates and should walk the plank. But this is captains decisions."

Ooc: Azurewraith, this is part of Luthors doctrine, nothing personal. I'll just make some noise for RP reasons
 

River Song

Explorer
"No, no, no... surely we are not merciless pirates ourselves!" The monk move over to the Captain. "Captain, please. These men surrendered in good faith, don't be a callous c@#^!"
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Finally some one who understands, enough blood has been shed today." Ramas says patting Thren on the back heartily as they cross on the stairs to the poop deck.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
At sea
Morning
Round 0


With the pirate leader finally down and the rest of his pirates surrendered, Arjhan moved to rejoin the others as the sailors secured the pirates.


“How badly damaged are we?” he asked, watching as the sailors tried to disentangle the two ships. “Will we be able to complete the voyage?” It was a long way to the new world, after all, and he feared the crossing would be even more dangerous if they were damaged.


[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Concentration:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 11/11
AC: 16
Breath weapon*
Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (1/2): Animal Friendship (Domain), Speak with Animals (Domain), Bless, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Shield of Faith
[/sblock]

 

Thateous

Explorer
Captain Kunka scoffs, "Surely you do not mistake me for one of the merciless sea dogs that were cut down this day..." A loud whistle from the Pirate ship steals his a attention and he nods to Jacques who takes his whip off his belt and cracks it before barking orders. The Sailors snap to, engaging the sails and cleaning the deck. The Captain looks at you, Thren, Arjhan, and Ramas, "What about the metal man?"

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Lost at sea due to YOUR! Reckless actions I would assume. They had no sails they where NO THREAT to us or anyone! Yet you decided to ram them now people are dead, you are just like them..."

Ramas good arm is visibly shaking from rage as he turns his back to the captain and walks away, the sooner we hit land the better he thinks.
 

Jago

Villager
Tarukka slumped hard against the railing after the pirates had surrendered, his axe clattering to the wooden deck and held in place by a weak palm so it did not slide into the briny sea. His shield was loosened, his armor desperately clawed at to try and remove the weight upon his shoulder, finally able to push some of the mail away from the padding at his collarbone. The end of battle brought with it a world of hurt, and the Tiefling only thanked his Elven goddess that the bone did not feel broken. At least, not to him.

" And this is why ..." he wheezed painfully, " My people ... don't go on ... sailing trips ..."

It took him a moment more before he could grip the railing with his good arm, grasping his axe and sliding it back into a belt frog to keep it safe. He couldn't carry the shield, resolving instead to shove it with his hoof away from the edge of the ship before moving to join the others that had helped in the defense. He had to practically stumble out of the way of the Half-Elf on his way past, the anger visible in the whiteness of his knuckles and the crimson blush upon his cheeks.

Now there's a proud one if ever I saw ...

Clutching his shoulder, Tarukka found a nearby crate and settled himself upon it, his tail lashing back and forth at the uncomfortable fact that his arm felt entirely useless. With luck, it would heal fast. He smiled softly up at the assembled, his sharp, pointed teeth appearing more predatory than friendly, though the slits he called pupils seemed to try and convey a genuine sense of camaraderie.

" What an ... unnecessary bit of ... violence that was ..."

Unable to take it anymore, he bent over, wriggling and struggling until the mail was thrown off of his body. Letting out a sigh of relief, he continued with much less labored breath.

" It seems you folks know how to handle yourselves. Thank you for the help," he offered, " My name is Tarukka, of the Clan Tethadriel. Who are you ..?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]HP - 3/11
AC - 18 (Shield)

Saves
Str: +1 Dex: +1 Con: +1 Int: +3 Wis: +3 Cha: +4[/sblock]
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Captain Kunka scoffs, "Surely you do not mistake me for one of the merciless sea dogs that were cut down this day..." A loud whistle from the Pirate ship steals his a attention and he nods to Jacques who takes his whip off his belt and cracks it before barking orders. The Sailors snap to, engaging the sails and cleaning the deck. The Captain looks at you, Thren, Arjhan, and Ramas, "What about the metal man?"
"Of course not, Captain. You will of course give them fair trial and decide their fate fairly. Our city of origin laws say that pirates hang. But we're on your ship so it is your decision."

Turning toward the group, young priest offers
"I am Luthor Stormcaller, priest of Valkur, High Captain, protector of ships and patron to all sea explorers. Mighty be his name and blessed this vessel.We didn't talk much before, but you all showed initiative - in your own various ways - and abilities to help us on our way. Good job, everyone!"
he ends the introduction and impromptu blessing with good cheer for everyone, his gestures including the sailors around them.
 

Advertisement

Top