D&D 5E A New Frontier REDUX [Closed]

If you're okay with taking over for him I'd be happy to have you. Or feel free to make something else if you'd like.

I would take him, but I would remake some things with your permissionm [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION].
I would rebuild attributes with focus on either strength or dexterity, not both. And I would lower intelligence and stay with paladin. Ancient oath seems to fit the story. Or I would rebuild fully with Dex/Int and start and remain with bladesinger (although SCAG says it is limited to elves).

It seems 5th edition is not as ability sensitive as 4th...but it still seems wrong to spread the abilities so thin. Paladin gets spells early in this edition I believe it was only at 5th in 3.5? I will read up some more. How were the abilites generated? Points? How many?

Azurewraith

Explorer
I would take him, but I would remake some things with your permissionm [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION].
I would rebuild attributes with focus on either strength or dexterity, not both. And I would lower intelligence and stay with paladin. Ancient oath seems to fit the story. Or I would rebuild fully with Dex/Int and start and remain with bladesinger (although SCAG says it is limited to elves).

It seems 5th edition is not as ability sensitive as 4th...but it still seems wrong to spread the abilities so thin. Paladin gets spells early in this edition I believe it was only at 5th in 3.5? I will read up some more. How were the abilites generated? Points? How many?
5e is what I call care bear dnd you can't go wrong unless you deliberately go out of your way to do so.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer

Bladesinger is only limited to elves in Faerun. Anywhere else is ip to the DM.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

Tarukka

Tarukka, Tiefling (elf raised) Bladesinger
Class and Level: Wizard (Bladesinger) 3
Background: Inheritor
Race: Feral Tiefling
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Stats

Str: 9 (-1)
Dex: 18 (+4)
Con: 16 (+3)
Int: 17 (+3)
Wis: 16 (+3)
Cha: 10 (+0)

HP: 23
Initiative: +3
AC: 16 (19 in bladesong)

Saves
Str: -1
Dex: +4
Con: +3
Int*:+5
Wis*:+5
Cha: +0

Background
Personality Traits
- I try to be as personable as possible to everyone I meet.
- Nothing gets my attention faster than the idea of lost knowledge and mysteries.

Ideal
- Don't judge a person by their appearance; Look at me, after all.

Bond
- I must learn more about this Tome: I follow its strange call.

Flaws
- I'll do anything to feel like I fit in, doesn't matter what, doesn't matter with who.

Background Feature: Inheritance - Arcane Book
The Dungeon Master is free to use your inheritance as a story hook, sending you on quests to learn more about its history or true nature, or confronting you with foes who want to claim it for themselves or prevent you from learning what you seek.

Attacks
Elven blade: +6, 1d8+4 P
Dagger: +6, 1d4+4 P
Crossbow: +5 1d6+3 P

Proficiencies
Skills
Arcana: +5
History: +5
Investigation: +5
Performance: +1
Survival: +5

Equipment
Daggers, Darts, Slings, Quarterstaves, Light Crossbows
The Fretted Dulcimer
Light armor
Rapier

Languages
Common, Infernal and Elven

Features
Tiefling
-> Darkvision - 60ft.
-> Resistances - Fire
-> Free Spells - Thaumaturgy

Wizard
Arcane Recovery
Ritual Casting

Bladesinger
Bladesong: bonus action (1 minute) 2/short rest
-> +INT AC
-> +10' speed
-> advantage on Dex(Acrobatics)
-> +INT on concentration checks to keep the spells active

[sblock=Spells known]
Cantrip: Booming Blade, Green Flame Blade, Mending
1: Absorb Elements, Control Flames, Grease, Ice Knife, Protection from evil, Shield, Tashas Hideous Laughter, Thunderwave
2: Mirror Image, Maximilian’s Earthen Grasp, Misty Step, Snilloc’s snowball swarm
[/sblock]

Prepared Spells
Cantrips: Booming Blade, Green Flame Blade, Mending
1: Absorb Elements, Control Flames, Grease, Ice Knife
2: Snilloc’s snowball swarm, Mirror Image

[sblock=Equipment]
1 Sword
1 Dagger
Spellbook
Arcane focus
Explorer's Pack

Arcane Book (Inheritance)
A Glass Eye (Trinket)

Total Coin: 15 GP[/sblock]

[sblock=Backstory]He didn't have a name before. Not really. Left to die in the wild, with the parents accusing one another of infidelity and worse, the babe surely should have been devoured by a wolf by the end of the night. Instead, it was taken by the wolves to run wild with them. his natural magical abilities, sharp teeth and the ability to hunt in darkness helping the pack prosper. After years of running with the wolves, the Elves of the Forest finally caught sight of him and captured him. Inquisitive, they took the child in when they saw that, despite his striking appearance, he was quite harmless.
For the next two decades, the Tiefling, now named Tarukka, was raised within the trees. Fast, smart and willful, Tarukka learned much from his foster family, yet always seemed to rail against the passive nature of Elvenkind. His desperation to be a part of society was what first caused him to take up arms, knowing that at least he would be respected as a Warrior if nothing else.

The tribe taught him to wield steel, but he always seemed to yearn for more. That "more" came when he was introduced to a tome most sacred to these Elves, a book seemingly made of bark and leaves, a book he couldn't comprehend no matter how many times he asked to read it. He was told over and over how it held great power, but would only reveal that to one worthy of it. His curiosity piqued, Tarukka dedicated himself all the more to People's ways, protecting them from enemies within the forest and trying to attain the "worthiness" he desired.

One night, when he was taking meditation by the book, Tarukka witnessed two fellow Elves attempt to steal the book, incapacitating the sages that tended to it. Thrown into action, the Tiefling did the only thing he could think of: he swiped the tome himself, running away from the thieves and far off into the forest. Not sure who he could trust back home, Tarukka was unsure what to do, where to go from there.

It was then that the book opened, revealing a single word that he could comprehend.
West.

Over and over, it kept saying "West". Panicked and conflicted, Tarukka felt a strange compulsion to follow the book's word. He traveled far to the west, across rivers, through valleys, over mountains, but still the word persisted. He reached the farthest, Western Coast and still the word was there, followed by one other: Argos.

The second he heard of the voyages over the sea commissioned by The Zircon Trade, Tarukka signed up without a single thought otherwise.[/sblock]

[sblock=Image]
Tarukka.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases