A new podcast idea (Forked Thread: 2008/8/28 Tabletop RPG Podcasts)

So, I've begun work on a new project, and I'm curious about what others think of the idea.

For a while now I've been helping a friend of mine build settings by guiding him through the process of putting together his adventures into cohesive campaigns, and it occurred to us that it might be a good subject for a different kind of podcast.

So we put together the first couple episodes of Mastering the Game, where we're going to go step by step through the process of building several adventure paths/campaigns for various genres, complete with PDF aides.

So, any thoughts or comments? Would there be any interest in this sort of thing?

Byronic

First Post
I found it quite nice, although I don't know if I would have called taking storylines from books and movies "theft". And I'm pretty sure it's impossible to sue someone over that anyway, there's no profit being made.

I found it quite nice, although I don't know if I would have called taking storylines from books and movies "theft". And I'm pretty sure it's impossible to sue someone over that anyway, there's no profit being made.

Yeah, I guess I didn't do a good job of clarifying that at all. I agree that there's no danger of suit, and perhaps "theft" was a bad word, but that whole conversation in general wasn't particularly useful. I think we learned a lot from that first episode, especially in editing, and hopefully there'll be a noticeable improvement in sound and quality in the future. We're also adding a third host to try and make the conversations a little less one-sided.

Thanks so much for the feedback, we really need it. Please let us know if you have any other comments. Anything at all is helpful.

Remove ads