A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Durlak is on vacation so another PC to NPC. If you guys want to give me a hand, it'll be nice if someone takes care of Taran and Asterion.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]D'oh! I am heading on vacation too. I have to get up in less than 6 hours, actually. But I was waiting on others so that's why I delayed. But, I should be able to post in a few days (after I arrive), so I don't think you need to NPC me unless you have everyone else. But Kaedyn's intention is to keep trying to push one over the edge if you need to.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Taran hears Cliff words and put them into action, but in his haste to accomplish the Shifter wish, he miss his target.

Asterion quickly move to bracket the other skeleton and crush it easily under his armor, almost breaking the skeleton weapon arm.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Taran
Standard: Flame Seed vs. Refl on S3 (1d20+8=13, 1d6+1=2) Miss...

Asterion
Move: Shift to K7
Standard: Word of Diminishment vs. Refl on S3 (1d20+12=32, 1d10+6=8) Critical... Critical Damage (1d6=5) Hit for 21 damage and S2 deals -4 damage UEoNT

If anyone want them to do more with their remaining action, give suggestions![/SBLOCK]

Voda Vosa

First Post
If I could give you XP Velmont, I would. Perrim, no problem. If you have time, get a post, if you don't, I'll npc Kaeyn for this round

On Puget Sound

First Post
Chizz continues to press the burning skeleton toward the edge of the bridge, but his overconfidence betrays him. The flaming horror ducks under all his swings, and its fingers rake out to re-ignite the sailor's clothing every time he tries to put it out.

START OF TURN: take 5 fire damage, now 17/ 39, bloodied. (corrected for not having the resist 2 any more).
MOVE: shift to C5
STANDARD: duelist's flurry vs B1. Miss!
FREE: nasty backswing vs B1. Miss!
END OF TURN: save vs fire. Fail!

[sblock='Status: annoyed. Also, on fire and bloodied. But mostly annoyed.']
Hp 17/39, surges 7/7
AC 19, fort 18, ref 18, wil 14
Action points: 0/1 Second wind: available
Resist 5 vs swarms, move through swarm squares, no OA from swarms.
Sneak attack: +2d6+4. Nimble blade: +1 attack with CA when using light blade.

twin strike +10, d6+1 vs AC melee, HQ possible. OR:

+9, d10+1 ranged, and target is -2 to ranged and area attacks til EONT (longbow power). HQ possible.

duelist's flurry +10, 4 damage vs AC, slide target 1, shift 1. SA possible. Get sneak damage even without CA.

fast hands free. once per round. draw or stow a weapon.

paired katar minor. turn 1 katar into 2, or vice versa.

hunter's quarry minor. quarry closest visible enemy. quarry takes +1d6 damage once per round when hit by a ranger power.

furious assault free, trigger: you hit an enemy. Add 1(w) or 1d8 to damage.

off hand strike minor, melee. +10 vs AC, 1d6+5. HQ possible.

nasty backswing free, melee. trigger: you miss w a melee attack. +10 vs AC, 1d6+9, shift 1. SA possible.

duelist's prowess minor, stance. Each time an adjacent enemy attacks you, duelist's prowess attack : +10 vs Reflex, 1d6+5. SA possible.

lucky charm free. trigger: you miss. add 1d6 to the attack roll.

breach bracers free. trigger: you hit in melee. target is vulnerable 5 vs the next attack that hits it before EONT.

potion of healing minor. heal 10 points, lose a surge. [/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn continues the press on the burning skeletons. He maneuvers around to prevent the skeleton from escaping and slams his blade into the creature knocking him closer to the edge.

"Better have your waders, hellspawn. I will get you yet."
[sblock=Actions]Start: Take 5 Damage Fire 17/51HP +HS
Move Action: Move to T-6
Standard Action: Tide of Iron on B2 1d20+13=23, 1d10+9=12
Push him back to T-4 and shift to T-5 (updated map)
Free Action: Speaking, marking B3 with combat challenge
Minor Action: Retrieve healing potion
End: 1d20=18[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]HP: 29/51 Bloodied 25; Healing Surges 12HP, 12/day+20
AC:
24 (22 without Shield)
Fort: 20 Ref: 17 Will: 15
+2 vs. Fear; Resist Poison 5[/sblock]__________________________

Worang4.jpg
Kaedyn Thorngood Char Sheet

Voda Vosa

First Post
Round 5

Taran uses his fire seeds to no avail.

Cliff leaves one of the skeleton warriors almost defeated.

Asterion shifts back, and uttering a word filled with arcane magic, utterly obliterates one of the skeletons.

The creature explodes releasing the necrotic energy that kept him alive. The explosion is huge, and the heroes weren't far enough to escape from it. Asterion manages to move out of the way, but Cliff is soaked in necrotic filth. Luckily, his magical item keeps him mostly safe.

Round 6

Chizz is unable to connect a blow, nor put off the unholly fire that is consuming his flesh.

Lochlan fails again!

Kaedyn keeps pressing the advantage against the blazing demon.

The only left skeleton warrior weakly lashes at Cliff. The sword bounces off the Shifter's armor harmlessly.

The blazing skeletons, apparently fuelled by their comrade's re-death, attack fiercely.

The one engaged by Chizz hits him with it's claw, right in the jaw. The one assaulted by Kaedyn, grabs his shield and places a fire bolt in his face!

The last one Blasts Cliff with a well aimed orb of foul fire.

[sblock=Mortal Combat]

Skeleton 3 is destroyerd and bursts! It catches Cliff for 8, his resistance drops it to just 3

Lochlan misses his shot.

S2 miss Cliff

BS1 hits Chizz for 6 and gives him ongoing fire damage
BS2 crits Kaedyn for 12 and gives him ongoing fire damage
BS3 hits Cliff for 11 and gives him ongoing fire damage

Sorry, awesome rolls. two 19s and a 20, pluss almost max damage on Cliff's attacker.

Map

->Chizz: AC 19, fort 18, ref 18, wil 14 [11/39,Resist all 2, 5 fire ongoing damage]
->Kaedyn: AC 24-22, fort 20, ref 17, wil 15 [6/51 +HS;5 fire ongoing damage]
->Lochlan: AC 19, fort 18, ref 18, wil 14[48/37]
Burning Skeleton 1 [-37]
Burning Skeleton 2 [-25]
Burning Skeleton 3 [-13, marked by Kaedyn]
Burning Skeleton 4 [Destroyed]
Skeleton 1 [Destroyed]
Skeleton 2 [-29] Divine Challenge
Skeleton 3 [Destroyed]
Skeleton 4 [Destroyed]
Asterion: [-10]
->Taran: [45/46 AC:19 Fort:14 Ref:16 Will: 17]
->Cliff: [7/45; AC 23; Fort 18, Ref 16, Will 18]

Skeleton HP: 77, AC 17, fort ??, ref ??, wil ?? Produces Death Burst
Burning Skeleton AC 19, fort ??, ref ??, wil 14

Skeleton 2: Roll Lookup
Blazing Skeletons Roll Lookup
Lochlan: Roll Lookup[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]About my hp:

I started last round at 19.
I had regen 2 (forget to note it) => 21/45
I got hit by the death burst for a total of 3 necrotic damage => 18/45
I got burned by BS3 for 11 fire damage => 7/45

Your status say I should be at 1 (3 with the regen), where come the last 4 damage. Pretty important as with the ongoing fire damage (which are not noted in the status), it might mean fallen or standing at the start of my turn.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads