• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Question About Foreign RPGs

Tequila Sunrise

Adventurer
I'm hoping someone who role plays outside the U.S. can answer this for my group and I:

Do translated D&D books use the metric system, or stick with our weird American units? If the metric system, is each square a meter or two meters?

Thanks!

Turbiales

Explorer
Devir (The spanish Publisher) doesn't translated any of the measure units.

I cannot say i liked it. Any other d20 game has the units translated to metric.

On that subject does anyone know what languges some of the major games like D&D, Gurps, etc are available in? Been trying to track down something is available in both Thai and English.

Last edited:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
BECMI Basic and Expert sets had Finnish translations and I think they also had one square as 1.5 meters.

But I'm not completely sure about it. I don't have the Finnish versions anymore and they are practically impossible to find nowadays.

Ironic the conversions to metric -- I'd think bizarre unit labels might be part of the setting charm. I'm just waiting to purchase an RPG that measures in cubits, furlongs, and leagues.

Remove ads