A Question I Never Thought I'd Ask - Tell Me Please, of the 3.5 Ninja

Arkhandus

First Post
The problem is that a Rogue's HP won't withstand Tiamat's numerous bites and breath weapons, really. -_- And Ninjas, anyhow, only get Sudden Strike, which requires they catch the opponent without their Dex bonus to AC; so they can't hurt Tiamat, lacking the flank-to-sneak-attack capacity. A Rogue just needs to somehow find a means of hitting that 50 AC. Thus the Swordsage using Emerald Razor with Assassin's Stance while flanking and using Shadow Blade etc. Or Sorcerer flinging rays (after finding some way to shield himself from all five breath weapons, given that multiple Protection from Energy spells don't stack, and any one of her breath weapons would kill him).

moritheil

First Post
The fight against Tiamat should really involve a lot of preparation just to survive closing from long-range to mid-range. I believe Energy Immunity is a 6th level or so spell, so there's no reason to mess around with Protection from Energy.

Really your best friends are likely to be gated solars. If everyone took a spellcasting class and those who didn't bought the one-use item that casts gate, you can have eight or so Solars up in short order. Tiamat is unlikely to fail a saving throw and is immune to death effects, but they can heal group members and cast things like Blade Barrier for some measure of battlefield control.

Engilbrand said:
Why? Orb of Force is good. The Orbs in general are good. I still don't get how people think that they're crazy-broken. Heck, Force doesn't even do as much damage as the other ones.

They turn golem fights from really hard to cakewalks. Force will hit anything and never waste its damage (except against a force dragon.) No SR, no miss due to incorporeality, no energy resistance.

Last edited:

Remove ads