A review of Neverwinter Nights...

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
So is Neverwinter Nights the Diablo II killer it was promised to be? Sadly, no. It isn't even a Diablo I killer! The game pretends to be so much that it’s not and comes off as a lackluster, slow-paced Dungeon Siege. I’d suggest saving your money for the next big MMORPG or expansion pack for Dungeon Siege.
'

The quests and the dialogue probably threw the reviwer off. Poor guy.

BG

PS Betcha a nickle this gets moved to the computer forum

absurdum

First Post
That was some kind of a joke wasn't it? Like not a real review?

[edit] nevermind i just found out that it was, what is the internet coming to?:rolleyes:
should have relised something was amiss when they call it advanced dungeons and dragons level 3 rules

Last edited:

ForceUser

Explorer
With comments such as

Atari worked closely with Wizards of the Coast, the creators of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, to make the game accurate to the style of this long-forgotten role-playing system.

and

It’s not surprising why Wizards abandoned AD&D long ago in favor of playable trading cards such as the incredibly popular "Magic: A Gathering."

and

The character creation system was interesting until I realized there was no real point to specifying your character’s skills when you could just click “recommended” for the absolute best choices possible. Why should customization be possible if there’s no reason whatsoever for it?

and

However, combat becomes completely idiotic once creatures begin getting “attacks of opportunity.” Basically Atari added in this “feature” as a way for the monsters to cheat and hit you over and over again so you die and, therefore, the gameplay time is "extended" so they can boast their game takes "over 60 hours to solve the single player version."

I can only conclude this person is entirely clueless or is trolling. Being that the site is SomethingAwful.com, I wouldn't be surprised if the review was deliberately written in the hopes of infuriating fans of NWN and D&D. :rolleyes:

Tewligan

First Post
Spoilsports

Sheesh, you guys, must you destroy the natural beauty of a troll review by hamhandedly pointing out the joke? Let this beautiful beast do what it was born to do - frolicking through cyberspace, spreading gamer rage in its wake.

Oh, and if you liked this, you should check out their review of Lord of the Rings - and the hate mail they got in response. Delightful!

P.S. - I really like the word "hamhandedly."

Al

First Post
Many races and characters are not consistent with the "Dungeons and Dragons Universe," as seen in such games as Rifts, Jorune, and the movie "Dungeons and Dragons."

This has to be the best line.

OTOH, if it were consistent with the D&D film, it's final scores would probably halve :D .

Remove ads