A Season of Bones

You stand among the other competitors in the high-walled arena. You see Dictator Andropinis watching from the spectator box high above. The crowd surges among the densely seated stands. Biting clouds of sand and dust whirl in a mundane halo around you. The dirt floor of this place is sure to taste your blood - the only question is when. An announcer presents you to the crowd, one by one. You are aware that he embellishes your story - tries to make it sound sensational - but which of the others should you be most afraid of?

"Ja'Cart, the insectoid warrior! This beast from the wilds is a regular battler here! Let's see who else's blood he tastes this season!"

"Jalaan, the fierce devilborn raider has come to the arena to test his mettle against civilization! How many deaths will his corrupt cunning cause?"

"Muzdum Firebelly, a brawler of the highest degree! What incredible tricks does he have up his sleeves today? Which of his opponents will lay broken in the sand?"

"Daran of The Silt-Sea! This half-elven brigand has led a life of corruption! Will he find redemption by leaving his blood in the sand?"

The crowd cheers for each of you. Andropinis waves benevolently. You are herded back to the fighters' quarters, where you are given your afternoon meal and a few minutes to talk amongst yourselves. Tonight, the four of you will fight together as a team.

[sblock=Rules for tonight's battle]4 vs. 4, team battle. Fight to last blood. If you become bloodied, you must drop out or risk severe punishment. You must specifically yield in order to drop out. Last team with an unbloodied warrior wins.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum munches his meal silently. Inside his head, the shaman was talking to him, and his anoying chatter was setting a bad mood on the dwarf.

"All of these are no good, no good for you Muzdum. You must kill the king, it is your duty. You know it. These fools can't help you, they simply wont."

"Stop yer incessant chattering shaman! Let me eat in peace, fer di gods!"

His head goes silent for a little while, as he gulps some food.

"But you know it right? I've told you many times. It is essential to kill Andropinis..."

Frowning, the dwarf pulls his bowl away, and chooses to speak with the others rather than hearing the shaman's repetitive explanations.

"So... Ye ready to fight? Di mother 'f all brawls it will be, ah?"
he casually says to anyone in particular. "Care to talk 'bout tactics? Or shouldai charge in and start punching random people?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Jalaan

Jalaan eats slowly from his wooden bowl. His gaze is focused on something far away, on something only he seems to see.
Distracted by the dwarf's question, he looks at him: "Tactics are good. But it seems you three will stay at the front, while I work best at a range. I would suggest you attack the enemies bodies and I attack their minds. Has anyone some other strengths I failed to see?"

Vertexx69

First Post
Ja'Cart, Thri-Kreen Monk

The Thri-Kreen roars to the crowd tasting the blood from his claws with his spike-covered mandibles.

After consuming his hunk of raw meat, Ja'Cart looks in the direction of the dwarf, his head swiveling as if on a pivot. "I fight best when surrounded by multiple enemies. Maybe charge together, leaving room between us? If they try to move past us,we punish them hard?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Oh, if anyone tries to get past me, they'll pay for it. The half-elf's smile was wide, obviously confident in his abilities. Just sitting near him made one more energetic or jumpy. His energy was contagious. Or they'll run amok amongst their own. Sometimes people underestimate how much their friends get to them. His eyes glimmered with that last, secret mischief at work.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well these 'r just word we say, let's show dose losers how to brawl!" the dwarf gives the table a punch and screams a "YEAH!" spilling food from his mouth, before laughing loudly.

Walking Dad

First Post
Jalaan

Despite Jalaan sitting still and eating, the other three suddenly hear a loud Yeah! in their minds. A slight smile curls Jalaan's lips.

After your meal, the four of you are led out to the preparation room, where you take a moment to don your armor and check your weapons. Whether this is your first fight or your last, you do not know - you only feel the bitter sting of fear.

The guard checks your equipment and passes you through the gate, into the blood red sand and the burning sunlight of midday. The crowd is quiet with anticipation.

Across the arena from you stands a crew of ssurans, armed to the teeth but lightly armored. They growl and hiss, but you can see the fear in their posture, even at this moderate distance.

Two of the ssurans brandish spears that crackle with the distinct hum of psionic energy. The other two wield javelins. One seems like a light, quick unit, while the other, a huge, scarred creature, seems more likely to wade into battle.

Suddenly, a cry rings out from the officiating stands.

"BEGIN!"

Immediately, the hulking ssuran hunkers down into a defensive pose in an effort to protect its smaller brethren.

[sblock=Actions this turn]SA drops into Total Defense. +2 to all defenses.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Info]The blue dots are you. I had to abbreviate your names, so if it's not clear, M is Muzdum, D is Daran, Ja' is Ja'Cart, and Jal is Jalaan.

M stands for one of the ssurans wielding magic, while Sl is the Lurker and Sa is the brute.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Info]
M Defenses: Ac 14 Fort 14 Ref 16 Will 16
SL Defenses: Ac 17 Fort 14 Ref 15 Will 13
SA Defenses Ac 13 Fort 16 Ref 15 Will 14

M1 HP: 32/32
M2 HP 32/32
SL HP: 36/36
SA HP: 45/45

Ssurans, as you are already familiar with, are a race of uncivilized, but intelligent lizardfolk. They tend to be raiders, and use their natural poisonous abilities to defend themselves. They tend to be a proud, primal group, and travel in small bands of no larger than 12.[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative Order]
Please post in initiative order whenever possible. If it's your turn and you don't chime in for a day or two, I may skip you.

SA: 18
Jalaan: 17
Daran: 16
Ja'Cart: 13
Muzdum: 12
M1 & M2: 10
SL: 7[/sblock]

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Jalaan

Grinning Jalaan steps forward, wearing only simple cloths and holding a bone staff in his hands. His mind surges forward, trying to pierce the primitive defenses, but is only able to get hold of the brutes mind.

[sblock=OOC]

Move: to H12
Minor: Distract vs M2
Standard: Dishearten (M1, M2, SA) (1d20+6=10, 1d20+6=7, 1d20+6=23)
Dishearten Psychic Damage (1d6+5=7) 7 dam vs SA and he got -2 on all attack rolls eynt.

Immediate Interrupt: Use Intellect Fortress against first attack that hits, but would miss, if I use the power.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:PC:Riardon_d'Cealis_(Walking_Dad)Jalaan
Perception: 16 Insight: 11 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 16
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 39 / 39 Bloodied: 19
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: Fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Thought Projection, Dishearten, Mind Thrust, Betrayal
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Psychic Surge, Distract, Send Thoughts, 4/4 Power Points, Intellect Fortress
Daily Powers: Mental Trauma

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads