A short Yoon Suin adventure (powered by Troika!) - game is on, still room.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ok!

Skill 5
Stamina 18
Luck 11
Background:
Fellow of the Peerage of Porters
& BasinFillers
Luggers are a servile group by nature,
most often found in the service of
others, weighed down by loads that
would buckle a donkey. You take pride
in this, so much so that the everyday
assignments of the guild cannot sate
your desire to serve, causing you
to venture out in search of a real
challenge for such a talented varlet. Possessions
• A Wooden Yoke.
• Brown Overcoat and Soft Doffing
Cap of theGuild
•A Bale Hook (Damage as Knife and
+1 on rolls to lift heavy objects).
•Length of Rope.
- Good boots

Advanced Skills
4 Strength
2 Fist Fighting
2 Run
1 Hook Fighting
1 Sneak
1 Awareness

Also, generic starting gear:
4 Silver Pence, a Knife, a Lantern & Flask of Oil, a Rucksack, 6 Provisions.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Alright, so I'm envisioning a short man of humble origins, broad of stature and constantly carrying stuff around with the yoke on his shoulders. A friendly but somewhat simple fellow, living to help people in whatever way he can -- which is mostly carrying stuff for them.

Any idea how to place him in the setting?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Alright, so I'm envisioning a short man of humble origins, broad of stature and constantly carrying stuff around with the yoke on his shoulders. A friendly but somewhat simple fellow, living to help people in whatever way he can -- which is mostly carrying stuff for them.

Any idea how to place him in the setting?

I see a few options

1: You're the loyal and very capable companion of one of the other players, so your background mirrors them a bit

2: You're from the Oligarchies - a mountainous region to the north of Yoon Suin, rich in minerals. Porters help move out (and in!) all sorts of goods, before they reach the God River where they are loaded onto river boat and sent to their destination. You grew tired of the mere mercantile nature of your carrying stuff, and wanted a more elevated/exciting nature of work.

3: You're a local dockhand, who knows the Yellow City docks very well. For many years, loading and unloading foreign and exotic goods was exciting to you, but no longer.

4: something else?

JustinCase

I like options 1 and 3. So how about I was a local dockhand, who then became a companion to one of the other players? At least, if anyone feels it could be fun to have a companion/servant around...

Familiarity with the Yellow City docks is a great idea, which makes for a character that really fits in the world. It also explains why he's a decent fist fighter. :)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
All right! With willinbear's entry we are good to go! I will post the character after lunch, but briefly you got temple knight.

Fradak

Explorer
I like options 1 and 3. So how about I was a local dockhand, who then became a companion to one of the other players? At least, if anyone feels it could be fun to have a companion/servant around...

Do you need a lawyer my friend? ;)
Court can be deadly, it's always good to have a good advocate.

Perhaps, the lawyer could use someone like Don Quixote and Sancho Panza. Or maybe you needed the services of a lawyer and they became friends.

Last edited:

JustinCase

How about both? I needed a lawyer because, perhaps, a higherup was disgruntled about me not doing my work according to his standards, perhaps when working out of town for another highup, and you defended me. Now, you need a sidekick and I’m available because my boss fired me despite being found not guilty.

Something like that?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
CHARACTER GENERATION!!!!!!!!!

Here is your character, perhaps the first slugman of the party (up to you).

Skill 4
Stamina 17
Luck 12
Standard equipment, 4 silver pennies

Temple Knight of the Bull Of Battle

You were once (and possibly still are) a fanatical monk set to maintain
constant, vigilant martial readiness in preparation for the end times, when the Krakens rise from the sea to devour the Yellow City. You are
always prepared and never unready.
Possessions
• The Blessing of the Bull of Battle.
• 6 Swords of your choice (all curved, to represent the blessed horns)
Advanced Skills
3 Awareness
2 Blacksmithing
1 Sword Fighting
1 Greatsword Fighting

Special
The blessing of the Bull of Battle awards you Armour equal to half (rounded down) the number of Swords you carry. If you carried 6 Swords your Armour would be 3 while if you carried 9 it would be 4.
You must be overtly armed at all times or else the Bull of Battle will take this blessing away until you forge and donate to the unarmed a brand new Sword

Note: the Bull of Battle is a somewhat important cult in the Yellow City (it does have hundreds of them...). You can be a human follower, or you could be a Slugman. Slugmen are the effective rulers of the Yellow City, and are renowned for their use of magic. Slugmen with no magic are at the bottom of the ladder, short lived and with little influence (although with still more legal and social clout than humans, who are second-class citizens). The fact that you have devoted yourself to a god of battle instead of scholarly studies or hedonism makes you a quack by slugmen standard but who knows, perhaps there is a method to your madness...

Remove ads