• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:22 AC:15)

Cludge nods in approval. I've no qualms with that, he says. 'Fraid neither me eyes nor ears do me much good, but at least I can be there in enough to help. Mebbe.
He looks to Shayda for approval.
Well, what do you think? he asks. I'm pledged to ya, so I'll abide yer decision.

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld shrugs. "I do not think I can contribute anything except a crossbow if I remain hidden near Cludge, so I will accompany Shadya, and hope to see you two safe and well as soon as possible."

Solange

First Post
"Your intentions are good, but I don't think you hide too well my friend," Shadya says.

"Lasair, have you any to communicate with us over long distance?

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Fortunately, he won't need to hide if he is so far away that neither he nor the River Folk can see or hear each other," Lasair reminds her, "I do not have means to communicate over long distances. There is such a way, where two ziivash are bound as one, but it requires close contact to begin it and on the day I was to learn it...I...I was declared alant. And so I thought I would have no need."

"Still, I can send Meliana, whose mind was formed from my ziivash, and so I can always communicate with her within a mile."

Solange

First Post
"Then we shall head some distance down the road and wait. If you need us, you have but to ask. We are already delayed, a little more will not hurt us."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It is too dangerous for the children to remain here--if I fail and my failure costs only me, it is of no consequence, but if I fail and you are all near enough that the children are slain for my failure, then it shall be a great tragedy, and my failure is even more complete. We must make sure that they can escape. A delay on my part is no good unless you use that time to continue onward. Fear not, since I am resting now, I can move onward while you all rest after finishing today's travels. And since I have been riding before, not walking, I am fresh now and able to push on easily."

Solange

First Post
Shadya nods. "Cludge will wait with your horse then, as the two of you, unburdened, should be able to catch up."

OOC: Cludge's horse is under light load, right? If not, we'll take some stuff to get it there. If not, well, we'll figure something out.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Lasair can actually go faster by walking than with her horse in medium load, which I believe it would be just from Lasair and her gear. This is because mounts take lethal damage from Hustle/Forced March and automatically fail their checks too.

EDIT: Admittedly, Cludge's horse burdened is faster than Cludge because he's a dwarf--I forgot about that!)

As Kurgahz goes among the bandits, Jilsa tells the party all of her companions' names. Jonka awakens first, and both he and Jilna sputter and babble in their river-tongue, both of them crying silent tears. Jonka attempts to speak in Aquan, "
Can you speak the language of the Water Goddess
?"

Jonka, 2
Samsa, 1
Bilda, 3
Jonda, 1
Yorga, 2
Freda, 2

11 charges used total, 39 left

The rolls

The other bandits each awaken with a jolt. Freda looks as though he has seen a ghost. They are all terribly shaken, and nobody speaks as Jilna and Jilsa fill them in on the goings-on of the past few minutes.

Crap, forgot to sign out again. ~Rae

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Jilsa doesn't react to the whole Jilna-has-a-baby thing with the patting of the womb? I know it's a while back, but, I figured it might be something big if they didn't know it yet)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads