• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Er, whoops. =P

Jilsa's eyes go big as a comprehension washes over her. She stutters, "
W- We are living for five now? By the gods,
Jilna
and
Jonka
were only united several weeks ago
..."
Jilna perks up when she hears her name in the slew of Sylvan, but Jilsa just stares at her spirit-sister, an indecipherable expression on her stoic face.

Jilsa whispers to Lasair, "
I do not think I will tell her yet. She is under enough stress. She cannot be too far along, surely? Spirit-sisters know each other intimately, and I know she cannot be more than a month along. How did you know
?"
She looks at Lasair with awe in her eyes.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Sylvan]"I can sense the ziivash, the flow of life and mind between every living thing...it is not much, but it is all I can do," Lasair replies to Jilsa, "That is why I should be fine speaking with your people, unless they are truly evil and vhal-less people...but you have told me that they are not, just overly strict, yes?"

"Now, I'm going to need you to beat me up while I still have excess energy. It won't really hurt me, but it will bruise me, maybe give me a black eye or something. And then tie me up, okay? I'm giving Jilna my horse so that she need not exert herself and hurt her young one. And that way when they find me, I can tell them you beat me up, tied me up, and took my horse, and it will be so, in case they have a means to see my ziivash and search for untruth."[/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Jilsa moans, "
This journey seems fated to fail. And once the tribe finds you bound and beaten, we will truly be disowned, and there will be no return for us. And
..."
She turns to look at Jilna, who is staring at Jonka, "
We will have to raise the child in a strange and distant land. Still... it will be better than raising it here, and perhaps this last fateful piece bodes well for our future
."
She finishes on a high note and gives our heroes a tiny, sad, but hopeful smile.

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Sylvan]"Jilsa, do you hope to return home after a time, when the joining of Jonka and Jilna cannot be denied?"[/sblock]"Lasair, if you allow them to beat you, are we not adding an imaginary crime to their first accidental one?" Conuld muses.

OOC: which is the one who stabbed me?

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Sylvan]"As Conuld mentioned, I thought you said that you wished to leave your village and not to return. Are not Samsa, Bilda, Yorga, and Freda leaving only to escape your people's oppression?"

"Still, you could always just conk me over the head once, or maybe just not at all and I can say I surrendered because I was outnumbered."[/SBLOCK]

"I would figure that the addition of the beating me up and tying me up does not necessarily add any additional crime, it merely changes the apparent success of their first one, the attempted ambush. They can make it look like the wounds were inflicted in combat."

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
"I meant the theft of the platinum, not the ambush.... Ah, I am out of my depth in this situation. This halting conversation in Sylvan is trying. Ask your new friend if she wishes you to be presented as a prisoner. She seems dismayed by the idea."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, I suppose we could just have me unbound. That does, however, present a stronger possibility that they may decide to become violent towards me."

"Ah, but you are right. I can look after myself, so there is no reason to take such precautions. I will just stay as I am, then."

[SBLOCK=Sylvan]"Conuld has convinced me that it would be best for me to speak with them unbound and as I am. Do not fear for me--I shall surely return, for I must see to it that you all work off your zij."[/SBLOCK]

*With that, Lasair prepares to wait for the River Folk with the platinum, lending her horse to Jilna for the time being.*

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
So you're abandoning the 'beat up Lasair' part as well? How are you dealing with the kids, leaving them bound by the hand, what? Who's on a horse, and what's their load/move speed?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
So you're abandoning the 'beat up Lasair' part as well? How are you dealing with the kids, leaving them bound by the hand, what? Who's on a horse, and what's their load/move speed?
(OOC: Yep, no more beat up Lasair or tie up Lasair. She's just going to try to reason with the River Folk straight off. New strategy, also true, is that she met them on the road and the kids, having realised the silver/platinum mistake, asked her to return the platinum to their people who would be passing by shortly

Lasair wouldn't bind them, but if the others do, she won't stop them--if we're splitting up, I don't want to slow the others down, so you can deal with the Lasair/Cludge side now before waiting to see how the others deal with security, I suspect. Jilna should be on Lasair's horse, which is probably still in light load if someone carries her bow for her. Other horses will be in medium, most probably. The other kids would probably be on foot, since Cludge is keeping his horse with him, though my suggestion is to have some of the sturdiest people on foot so they can Forced March or Hustle to keep up with the horses, and since we've been over how 14 Con is the party's lowest, that probably means a few party members should do it.

So they'll wind up with something like--horses move 40 move speed * 8 hours = 320 make-believe units, while walkers move 30 move speed * 8 hours + 60 move speed (hustle) * 2 hours = 360 make-believe units, plus the walkers are fatigued and take 1 nonlethal from Hustling twice and possibly a tad more if they fail some easy Con checks.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Jilsa simply nods at each individual party member, silently thanking them for their mercy and their kindness. Jilna shakes softly, her eyes red and waterless from all the tears she has shed so far, and the others look utterly stunned at this unexpected sequence of events.

Very well. I'd like an IC confirmation of Rystil's plan and actions from all PC's, please.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads