A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Wow, bringing away the NPC in question so that the half-orc Cleric can kill the Kitty/Doggy makes this almost an exact redux of a situation in Immortality Awakens, except that the Doggy was a Gray Render that had gone unconscious saving the party to protect its little girl ward, and they killed it anyway, whereas this Kitty is an evil lamia)

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 3 (HP:34 AC:15)

OOC: It's not evil, just misunderstood! By the way, I will be away on vacation for a week starting tomorrow and will not have Web access. Try not to get Cludge killed for me!

Cludge sags, a forlorn expression on his face. With a reluctant sigh, he allows Conuld to lead him away by the elbow, the point of his dangling greatsword dragging a furrow through the sand behind him. Somethin's not right with me, Connie, not right at all, he mutters. Head's all muddled like I been drinkin' for a fortnight. Why'd ye do it? Why'd ya harm that creachure? I think I was tryina hurt it too, but... it all seems like there's a fog now, ya know?
He looks up at Connie. I'm startin' ta despair o' this desert, he says, shaking his shaggy head. Things here, well they ain't nachural.
Cludge lifts his head a little at the sound of greatclub breaking bone but does not turn to look. I knowed somethin' was wrong as soon as I saw that lady at the o-wastesis. Now I jess don't know what.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz will wait a bit to see if Cludge hopefully turns his back or walks away. If the dwarf remains though, he goes ahead and does the coup de grace anyway.

Coup de grace on Lamia (1d20+4=24, 2d10+8=15)

If that ain't enough, Kurgahz will do the same again.

After that, he'll check the body for any items or stuff that might be on it before looking around for any treasure stash the critter might have had.

Trouvere

Explorer
AGFlynn said:
Cludge lifts his head a little at the sound of greatclub breaking bone but does not turn to look. I knowed somethin' was wrong as soon as I saw that lady at the o-wastesis. Now I jess don't know what.
"Do you trust me?" Conuld asks. "I assure you, the fog will lift within a few hours, and everything will be clear again. Try not to worry about anything until then. Come on, let's find my crossbow, then check on our camels."

Conuld casts Message and whispers to the three others. "Is it dead? There are the bodies of several of its victims in the pit. We should examine them and give them decent burial. I shall keep Cludge busy. You may whisper back to me."
[sblock=Spells prepared](0) Light; Ray of Frost; Ghost Sound (DC 14); Message; Prestidigitation
(1) Enlarge Person (DC 14); Endure Elements; Mage Armor; Color Spray (DC 15)
(2) extended Endure Elements; Cat's Grace; Scorching Ray
[/sblock]

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 3 (HP:34 AC:15)

Aye, I trust ya, Cludge answers slowly. Just don' trust meself right now. I know what ye all did was right, but I know ye was wrong, too. I ain't a dwarf o' much brainpower, ya point me at a target an' I goes at it. Think I'll go sit over there by meself and try not ta think fer awhile.
Cludge trundles slowly to the opposite side of the pit from the party and slumps onto a rock, his back turned to them.

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld sits a little way away. "When Althor first showed me his spellbook, he asked if I wanted to copy certain spells of enchantment. I looked them over, but something struck me as morally questionable about them. Yes, I realise that I might use magic to incinerate an enemy, but at least that enemy has the choice to attack or surrender or run away. If I charmed or hypnotised them, I would take that choice away from them, or compel them to act against their very nature. Somehow, that seems worse. And there are other uses of such spells, in everyday life, which surely must present a constant temptation to those with the ability. No, on the whole, I am glad to know nothing of enchantment, or necromancy. Or perhaps I am just rationalizing my complete failure to comprehend the arcane formulae. I was more interested in other types of magic, in any case."

Conuld falls silent. After a while, he makes some clumsy motions with one arm. "No, it is no good. I can no longer remember the proper sequence. Well, certainly, it was a surprise when the lancing ray of heat burst from my palm when it did. Somehow I must practise so that my hand is facing in precisely the direction I require at the moment I speak the final word."

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge grunts and briefly squints at Conuld as if he had just started speaking in Kobold. Satisified the young human was not poking fun at him, he resumes his silent contemplation of the limitless horizon of sand.

Solange

First Post
Shadya pats Cludge on his back as she walks away to let Kurgahz to take care of it, "I hope you fight that strongly if any of the rest of us were in danger," she says.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
On the creature's wrist, Kurgahz finds a large, braided, gold band. On its long, slender fingers, a gold ring with a red garnet is tightly jammed. The creature also dropped a large dagger.

In the pit are two bloodied bodies. One is scratched and cut all over, the other's throat is slit. Both are desert men, clothed in (now bloodied) traveling clothes and studded leather armor. Each man wears a belt on which a sack, a waterskin, and two sheathes are strapped. Each sack contains 7 days of trail rations, one sack contains two vials of clear, odorless liquid. Both waterskins are empty. The sheathes of the man with the slit throat contain weapons, curved blades. Scimitars, to be precise. One is of particularly nice craft. The other man's swords lie on the ground near his body. Both are normal grade scimitars.

A quick search of the rest of the pit reveals a small recess in the rock. In this hole you find a large piece of green jade and a camel statuette carved from bone. The hole seems quite empty for its size.

The Loot:
  • Jade
  • Large gold bracelet
  • Camel statuette
  • Gold ring with red garnet

• Studded leather armor x2 (both bloodied)
  • MW scimitar
  • Mundane scimitar x3 (2 bloodied)
  • Dagger (large)
  • Sack x2
  • Waterskin x2
  • Trail rations x14

• Vial of clear, odorless liquid x2

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases