A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Solange

First Post
Shadya prepares camp for the night, as it seems a good time and place to rest as any.

OOC: It was close to evening, right?

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Some shade sounds good to me." Kurgahz voices. "This is pretty neat being this big, Conuld. Next time you do this to me though, please make sure my club is already in hand though. Had a heck of a time weilding it this small. But it helped alot in climbing out of that pit, so it was still better than no help. Thanks." the half orc offers Conuld while digging out some food to eat while they're stopped.

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld climbs down into the pit. "It was impressive to see, too. If I had been closer or had had longer to think, I would have dropped my staff down to you. Perhaps you should keep a backup weapon on your person for just such occasions."

Conuld pokes through the pile of looted items. "Rings and bracelets may be more than they seem. I like this camel. Now, what might these potions be?" He holds them up to the light, unstoppers them and takes a quick sniff, but doesn't draw any conclusion.

OOC: and the natural 1s continue!

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
As Kurgahz covers the bodies with a layer of sand, the winds begin to pick up. In the distance, a great dark cloud can be seen, looming on the horizon. Shadya recognizes it as an approaching sandstorm. Kurgahz realizes that the bodies will blow away, so he simply guides his camel into the pit to find shelter from the coming storm. The others do the same.

After about a half hour, the sound is deafening, and the temperature drops slightly. Then the sky turns to dust. The light in the pit is significantly decreased, but you can still see. The camels are upset, they cower in the southern, deeper region.

You get comfortable, because you may be here for a few hours.

About half an hour into the storm, the relative calm inside the pit is interrupted. Suddenly, a dark form falls the five feet down into the hallway like region in the center of the pit. The form turns out to be a humanoid, and it stands quickly, sees you all, and shouts in surprise. It has a deep gruff voice, not unlike an orc's, but it's face is shrouded in the low-light.

[sblock=Kurgahz' Darkvision sees... ]Kurgahz can see that the humanoid is a half-orc, clothed in dark desert robes. A sheathed falchion is at its side, and a metal shield is on its back.[/sblock]

It looks like it's about to go for it's weapon...

Combat Begins at 12:42:06 PM
Initiative:

Conuld <--
Lasair
Mysterious Humanoid
Shadya
Cludge
Kurgahz

OOC: Actual combat might not be necessary, but combat time is appropriate for the situation. Your positions are suppositions on my part. If you have an issue with your position, tell me, and we can change it. For simplicity's sake, assume the camels are spread out among the southern part of the pit and count as friendly squares. I suppose they can be used for soft cover... If you choose to do that, tell me, and we can figure something out.

Attachments

• Sandstorm.jpg
    Sandstorm.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 136

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld, Transmuter 3, HP 16/16, AC 16 (Mage Armor)

Conuld stays where he is, half concealed behind a bulge in the pit wall, and casts Mage Armor, his last remaining spell.

Solange

First Post
Shady addresses the stranger in "You are lucky to find shelter from the storm. What business have you in such weather?."

Her hand brushes against her dagger, but she does not draw it yet.

OOC: She will if it grows hostile before he turn.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Still waiting for Lasair.

On a somewhat related note, I have a messed up schedule this week, so I may post infrequently and inconsistently.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I was waiting for Phoenix to post. Lasair considers it prudent to let the half-orc talk to the Orc-sounding guy. No one can see it, but Lasair winces when Shadya starts talking first--Orcs + Sairundani == war, or so we were told :()

Remove ads