A Spell Mastering Prodigy...

Jack Haggerty

First Post
I intend to ask my DM for his official ruling on this, but I'm looking for some rulings and second opinions here...

I have a halfling Rogue/Wizard(Abjurer) who has an Intelligence of 16 and the Spellcasting Prodigy feat, giving him an effective Int 18 for Wizard spells.

Now, if he takes the Spell Mastery feat, does he Master 3 spells (using his normal Int score of 16), or 4 (using the effective Prodigy Int score of 18)?

If you were my DM, what would you say?

Shard O'Glase

First Post
I'd give the 4 spells. It is a fairly minor boost to a feat that usually sees very little play unless your dm has some hangup about capturing the pcs every adventure or something.

It can go either way since the rpodigy feat improves your stat for all spellcasting purposes. The question is is spell mastery qualify as a spellcasting purpose for thepurpose of the prodigy feat. Like I said I would say yes, but I can logically see an argument for no.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
By-the-book, I'd give you three: Spellcasting Prodigy increases Int only for the purposes of bonus spells and spell DCs; it doesn't even count for minimum Int needed to use a given spell level.

gamecat

Explorer
Being a DM, I would allow you four, as feats are hard to get (8 throughout your career) and you should revel in the benefits.

Remove ads