A Spiked Drink

jbear

First Post
Relic looks at Marius a rising flash of embarrassment flushing his neck and cheeks. He takes in a deep breath as though to say something but nothing comes out. It seems Relic is for once lost for words.

Systole

First Post
Daylily sputters in fury. "Not worthing to kill? Not worthing to kill!?" He strides forward. "Before, I was kills you for the evil. Now, I am kills you for the insult." He reaches out, trying to throw an invisible person to the ground, and stumbles as he touches nothing but air.

OOC: 'Not worth killing' is probably in the top ten worst insults anyone could say to a Jiragan. He's going after the hallucinations with his bare hands now.

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Holphin watches as Daylily struggles with the unseen assailant. He turns back to the sailor, as the barbarian rages behind him. Quite calmly, he remarks, "No worries, sailor, we are quite safe. He knows his friends from his enemies."

jackslate45

First Post
Happy Holidays!

[sblock=Daylily]Attempts to grab the woman fail as your hands pass through her throat. Once you recover your footing, and spin around to face her again, you can't see either her or the priest. The flames dance once again, and just as sudden as it started, the boat vanishes. Still heightened by the seeing toad, you hear a faint howling somewhere close by.[/sblock]

Seeing the attempts at grabbing thin air causes Marius to raise his eye questioningly. However, his first inclination is to turn to Relic and say in a very angry voice "Now. To answer you questions. No. I have no idea who this woman is. I also did not in anyway lead her to Rulkelp. Now, do you have anymore questions?"

Systole

First Post
Daylily blinks and seems to be slightly more aware, although he's clearly still not fully in touch with reality. Insofar as the elven barbarian seems to be in touch with reality, in any event.

He falls backward and peers at Marius in confusion. "I was see fire, Father Wolf. Fire with the man here. And the elf woman with greys hairs and gold neck. And the man with five ring on chest. And I was hear wolf howl. Fire and wolf howl, Father Wolf." He trails off, no longer sure of what is vision and what is real.

"Fire and wolf howl. There is a thing which is not being right,"
he says, shaking his head.

jbear

First Post
Relic walks back into the temple comfident the danger of violence has passed as Daylilly draws nearer to reality. His attention is however upon the angry priest.

"Forgive me Marius. You are right to be angry. I mistook your avoidance of the question as an unwitting admission. Still ... I do believe that Rulkelp spoke the truth in his own way when he said you were the go between with the Scorpion Woman. now, now don't make that face. What I mean is, the priest that Daylilly saw in the vision ... if he helps this woman it would have been a simple matter for him to take your appearance and pretend to be you. Which means, at some stage he must have seen you, met you at some point even to be able to imitate you."

He looks at Daylilly as the scraps of information begin to come together and take some semblance of a shape.

"So yes, I do have one more question. Have you ever met a man with 5 rings tattoed on his chest?"

OOC: Merry Xmas and happy New Year to everyone. I'm probably going to be offline for a while now. I'll make an effort to check in when and where I can but it will probably sporadic at best til around the 10th of January.

jackslate45

First Post
GM: Know:Religion checks

"No, I have not. Anyone with such rings are sworn enimies of the church of Hinotheus, and would have been slain on the spot. I am sure you understand the implications of those rings, yes?"

Daylily's ramble brought a look of confusion to the stern looking Marius. "You heard the wolf's howling? Was it coming from the flames? Or from somewhere else?"

jbear

First Post
Relic's brow furrows in thought. Things snap into place.

"Ahhh ... now I see. However, it is easy enough for one to keep a tattoo upon the chest hidden. Unless Rulkelp is a liar, and thus guilty of all crimes as accused, someone has disguised themself as you. That means they must have met you at some stage. I wonder if there is something my tired eye's have failed to see in this journal."

Relic takes it out and motions as if to give it to either Saranna or Holphin.

"Perhaps it would be better for a sharp eye to examine this. Perhaps there is a thread in here that can tie these events together and make it clearer as to Rulkelp's part, whether accidental or deliberate."

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily frowns. "The howl was froms ... near. Not froms fire, I am think." He ponders this. "Maybe was Sun Wolf try to talking to me? I am very confuse, Speaker. I think the spirits make vision for a person more smarters than me. I know from vision that the silver woman and the five rings man are much bad, and much disrespect, but I am not understand the wolf howl."

Remove ads