A Spiked Drink

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=Relic]
Those loyal to the Plague Lord Xarr normally wear holy symbols of 5 rings.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Saranna]
As you examine the book more closely, you can see what Relic is talking about. The thread that binds the book together is too new, as though it was replaced very recently.

Another interesting fact is the last page. The paper feels too new compared to the rest of the book.
[/sblock]

Marius' eyes continue to look confused as he continues. "It could be. It is known that all gods work in mysterious ways. If you saw what you are describing, perhaps Hinotheus is granting you a vision to assist you?"

Songdragon

Explorer
The halfling woman looks over the book in some detail and comes to the last page and looks over it in some detail. She nods to herself. After several minutes she puts the book within a pouch and looks to Relic, "This book as been rebound recently. The last page, was not original to this book. The paper is too new."

jbear

First Post
"Hmmm ... the last page you say ... so we are missing a page, and someone wants something believed that is lacking in truth. I recall that page captured my attention, though I failed to see its hidden falsity."

Relic wracks his brain and calls the page to mind from his formidable memory

"I remember there were 3 orders detailed about 10 days ago accompanied by notes of an expected order. The last page then read of Rulpkelp's meeting with a certain Thames which displeased him as he was told a ship was lost at sea and so an order had to be cancelled. The date was marked 5 days ago, which is, I believe when Rulkelp claims he met our scorpion woman... I doubt we can do or learn anything more here. I suggest that we make our way to the docks and have a chat with the Shipping Company."

He turns to Marius as he finishes his talk of signs and visions with Daylily. When the talk concludes with a bowing of the head in apology Relic begs forgiveness for what must have seemed a most unfair rudeness:

"We are in a nest of lies and deceipt woven by the Plaguelord Xarr himself it seems. Please forgive me if I tried to cut too sharply through them to make some sense and struck a servant of good and decency most undeserving of such questions. The weight of suspicion still hangs heavy above Rulkelp, but he is not alone if he is involved, and the danger to other innocents at the hand of the scorpion woman and 5 ringed priest of Xarr continues and will continue unless we can chase the thin threads we have unravelled and catch them at their end. Please forgive me Marius, and pray to the Wolf that we find some clue that points us in their direction before more people die."

He offers his hand to the priest to shake before turning to leave the temple to head to the docks in search of Thames at the "Import And Export Extrodianre".

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Saranna moves to stand before the priest and places her hands together at her chest and bows with respect to the man, "Thank you for your help in this matter. I wish you well with the injured man, may his mind return to him."

She then departs with Relic and comments, "As to missing a page, perhaps it was one merely added to implicate Ruekelp. A great deal of effort when into these this matter as well as to cover it up."

[sblock=Saranna Surefoot's Mini Stats] Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
Hallfing Rogue 3
Initiative: +3 Perception: +10
Conditions: n/a
AC: 19 (14 touch; 16 flat-footed)
HP: 20 of 20
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Ref: +7 Will: +4
In Hand: buckler[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"Agreed. Only how does such a message implicate Rulkelp? It seems to give strength to his story about the lost shipment. Perhaps talking to this Thames character will bring the deception into a new light."

Systole

First Post
Daylily nods. "I am understand now, Speaker. I will to fights these enemies of Sun Wolf, and making them taste my hammer." He bows and follows Relic out.

Out in the street he switches back to his native tongue. "By the Stonefather's mossy knob!" he curses. "Let's move along tae where e'er we're going and top some ruddy caps. I am the fist of the Sun Wolf in this, but 'twould be a great mountain of a lie were I tae say I'm nae looking tae punching some faces with significant malice aforethought of mine own."

He spits in the gutter. "'Nae worth killing,'" he sneers. "I've ne'er been half so insulted in my life."

jackslate45

First Post
Marius extends his hand and shakes Relic's hand. "May the flame of the Wolf protect you as you continue your quest. And may the flames protect you from the horrors you may see." He nods his head at each of Daylily's and Saranna bows, and turns to pick up the glass knocked away in the scuffle, and refills it again with water as the rest of you leave.

The trip to Thames's shop is short. On the border between the Gulls and the Planks, the shop looks recently rebuilt. However, the decay of the Planks can be seen and smelt. A sign with the name "Import and Export Extraordinaire!" hangs crooked above the door, its green sign still fresh.

The drawn curtains and the closed door stand as the only invitation to the office.

Encounter1.jpg

jbear

First Post
"This is not right! This building looks recently built. The paint of the sign looks still fresh. And yet it rots and decays. This is the work of Xarr. I believe we have found his rotting nest. I fear that it will be difficult to talk to this Thames character. More than likely his body is part of the stench. I suggest we do away with nicities. Daylilly, perhaps you could introduce that door to your hammer? Just give me a moment to prepare in case whatever is inside is unaware that it is dead..."

Relic quickly casts a magical protection upon himself with his wand before loosening the strings of his component pouch and closing in on the door behind Daylily, casting detect magic and then detect poison first upon the door and then towards the building itself. When Daylily is ready to "open" the door, assuming noone in the group objects, he places his hand upon his shoulder lightly and whispers a prayer to the Wind.

Actions: Cast Mage Armor on myself and then when the group is ready to approach the door, cast Detect Magic on the door and then direct it towards the building to see if there is a a magical aura inside. Then do likewise with Detect Poison. If group agrees to bust our way in: cast Guidance on Daylily for a +1 bonus to his attempt.

[sblock=Relic] (Lvl 3) Human Wizard 2/Oracle 1
HP: 24/24
AC: 18 Touch 14 FlatFooted 16
Initiative: +4; Temporal Celerity: Rolls initiative twice and can use either result
Fort: +1 Ref: +2 Will: +6
Wizards Spells: lvl 0: Ray of Frost, Mage Hand, Daze, Ghost Sound
Lvl 1: Shocking Grasp; Sleep; Colour Spray; Cause Fear
Bonded Ring:
Pearl of Power (lvl 1):
Lightning Flash 7/7 uses left today
Oracles Orisons: Detect Poison, Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink
Oracles Spells: lvl 1: 3/3 uses left today
Wand of Mage Armor: (49/50) charges
Consumables: 4/4 CLW Potions
Scrolls prepared for Battle: Magic Missile
Curse: Clouded Vision: Max Vision limit 30'; as Darkvision
[/sblock]

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Agreed, this is untrustworthy. I believe Emet may prove to be of assistance in this particular case, so a moment, if you please..."

Holphin starts the ritual to call Emet back to this plane.

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Holphin Halicarnassus
LN Summoner 3

Init +3, Perception +2
HP 23/23
AC 17, Touch 14, FF 14
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4, +2 vs. fear
BAB +2, CMB -1, CMD 12
Speed 20'

Darkwood Light Crossbow +7 (1d6, 19-20/x2) Range 80'
Cantrips: infinite, Level 1 Spells: 4/4, Summon Monster II: 6/6

Eidolon: Emet

Init +1, Perception +6
HP 29/29
AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16
Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3
BAB +3, CMB +7, CMD 18 (CMB +9, CMD 20 for Overrun)
Speed 30'
Resist Fire 5

2 claws +7 (1d4+4) and bite +7 (1d6+4)
With Power Attack: 2 claws +6 (1d4+6) and bite +6 (1d6+6)
Single attack: Bite +6 (1d6+9)
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"This be their nest?" Daylily asks, reaching into a pouch and popping a large pinch of reddish leaves into his mouth. "Aye, it's the stink of a corpse-fondler's lair, fair right. Now let's thresh those worth killing apart from those nae worth killing." He spits a stream of crimson across the cobblestones.

[sblock=ooc]Daylily is using barbarian chew, which grants a round of lingering rage after rage points are no longer being spent. Hammer is in hand -- I'll dig up the mini stats later.[/sblock]

Remove ads