• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Warping of the Blood - Full

Rystil Arden

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Ak, forgot Psion and Attune to Magic item. Sorry, just missed it. Runecaster can apply the runic template to their spells, which is interesting. Ritual Combat gives you access to a limited amount of combat rites.

[sblock]E-mail me for details. holly.gray at gmail.com[/sblock]
Done! And I'll save a spot for the feat in case it turns out to be too cool to pass up :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Since you have to be 6th level to take evolved levels... no. That's part of the adventure! Elemental Scion, also a go if you want to take the +2 ECL. As per my usual, each level of an ECL gives you 1d8+Con hit points. These are not actual Hit Dice, they do not grant you any other bonuses, but it keeps you from dying as fast.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Hmm...there isn't any way to take Evolved levels without getting screwed for Caster level, right? Oh well.

I have some preliminaries on Vayj, including some of his deities:

Vayj Rubyflame, Grand Magister of the immortal twins Gaerkayoth and Vyriea

Male Spryte Magister5

Patron Deities:
Gaerkayoth, god of the sparkle of the emerald at the tip Vayj Silverwind's staff Ebonfall in the gleam of dawn
Vyriea, goddess of the act of worshipping Vyriea
Bliaryol, god of skipping breakfast in preparation to load up on fruit juice during an early lunch
Paelinae, goddess of allowing Vayj switch out his list of prepared spells for a set that will be more useful in combat
Jiibraal, god of pretending that your wings are tired in order to convince a pretty girl to let you sit on their shoulder and then dangling your legs in naughty places and hoping that she won't slap you because you're just a cute, innocent little spryte
Naylraeia, goddess of pretending that there is something dangerous behind your enemy's back and then flying away when she looks to see if its true.
Praidois, god of looking crosswise at Mojh because they are creepy and the Dracha at least have wings like a Spryte.
Liyaariessa, goddess of composing poetry in the middle of something else that is probably more important and then insisting that your companions have no taste in art when they try to convince you that there are more important matters to which to attend.

Height: 15''
Weight: 13 lbs
Hair: Pale-blue
Eyes: Bright-green

Strength 6 (-2, 2 points)
Dexterity 14 (+2, 4 points)
Constitution 14 (+2, 6 points)
Intelligence 20 (+5, 16 points)
Wisdom 8 (-1, 0 points)
Charisma 12 (+1, 4 point)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Actually racial and evolved levels do not screw you over on spellcasting anymore. When it says +1 spellcasting level, it means just that. A loresong faen magister 4 with three racial levels casts spells as a 7th level magister. However he doesn't get the magister's bonus feats and whatnot.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Actually racial and evolved levels do not screw you over on spellcasting anymore. When it says +1 spellcasting level, it means just that. A loresong faen magister 4 with three racial levels casts spells as a 7th level magister. However he doesn't get the magister's bonus feats and whatnot.
Woaaaaaah. I didn't know that. Racial levels are so cool, but I never thought I could take them due to caster level. Also, can I have three loresong levels and then turn into a Spryte? (And loresongs didn't have racial levels in AU, what do they do? I'll send an e-mail)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Yes, yes they do. Cool ain't it?

And yes, you can take loresong faen racial levels and then turn into a spryte. I'd like a good in-character explaination as to why, but yes you can.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Yes, yes they do. Cool ain't it?

And yes, you can take loresong faen racial levels and then turn into a spryte. I'd like a good in-character explaination as to why, but yes you can.
So...uhh...

"One day I woke up with a start, having received a vision from Gaelysiarai, goddess of soaring through the balmy heights with the breeze in your face as you smile and look down on the people of the world instead of looking up to them all the time, for a change. I knew then that I must enter the chrysalis as some of our people are wont to do, becoming a spryte and soaring through the sky."

Is that an appropriate sort of explanation for a faen? If not, loresong levels are so cool that I could just not be a spryte, I guess. Yay for racial levels that casters can actually take!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Well, I mean you take racial levels to kind of explore your "loresong faen-ness," then one day you decide to become a spryte. I don't object to it, I just want it explained in the backstory.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads