EN World About accumulated warning points

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
it’s not so much the points I worry about

i worry that mods are human beings and human beings are biased

I worry that mods often sit on their mod whistles to long

I worry that mods don’t actually respond to all rule breaking equally

I worry that there is an inherent lack of fairness in the process that is being laid out

Etc...
For somebody with three warnings for insulting other users, and two for challenging moderation, most of which has been in the last three months, I'd worry about trying to insult other users less and stop picking fights with moderators. Then you should be fine. :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
i worry that mods are human beings and human beings are biased

Well, that's not a new issue. Moderation has always been in the hands of humans and based on human judgement.

I worry that mods often sit on their mod whistles to long

I am not entirely sure what you mean by that. The features being described here help us keep track of moderator action, and can help mitigate some issues of fallible human memory or attention. I am not sure why you'd see this as a problem.

I worry that mods don’t actually respond to all rule breaking equally

I worry that there is an inherent lack of fairness in the process that is being laid out

We could go into a long discussion about how "equal" and "fair" are not generally the same, but I'm not sure that would be constructive.

What we can note is that we are not really laying out much fundamentally new process here. We've had some form of "infractions" for years. We have always considered a poster's history before enacting temporary or permanent bans.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just a note (as Umbran says) -- this feature is not a new one. The only new thing is that you can now see your own warning points. We've had warning points (previously called infractions when we were on vBulletin), going back at least a decade, and they were visible on vBulletin. They've only not been visible to users for the few months since we upgraded to Xenforo, and now they're visible again. There's nothing new going on here.

Sadras

Legend
I just looked through my profile and couldn't find this anywhere - even if I don't have any I'd expect to see something like "Warning Points - 0" somewhere.....?

You're too nice Lanefan, they do not expect you to get any warnings. :ROFLMAO:
I have 1 for naughty speech quoting my favourite line from Hudson Hawk and for some reason I didn't even know I had received it until I checked now.

Nagol

Unimportant
I just looked through my profile and couldn't find this anywhere - even if I don't have any I'd expect to see something like "Warning Points - 0" somewhere.....?

Just to be clear since no one else was, on your profile page, there is a menu bar running from Profile Posts to Trophies. Warnings is immediately to the left of Trophies.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Just to be clear since no one else was, on your profile page, there is a menu bar running from Profile Posts to Trophies. Warnings is immediately to the left of Trophies.

Yah. It looks like this:

1580394695145.png

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
So I went and looked. I have 2 warnings and the individual descriptions show 1 warning for 1 point, and the second warning for 2 points(expired). The subtotal at the very bottom shows 4 points and 2 warnings. The math is off and I don't know which is correct.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases