EN World About accumulated warning points

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Do you get notified about warnings? I apparently got a warning a while back and I had had no clue it had happened.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Do you get notified about warnings? I apparently got a warning a while back and I had had no clue it had happened.

Our apologies - the stock functionality in Xenforo didn't alert users, for some reason I am sure made sense at the time to the developers. We recently added a plugin that give you an alert - right in the same place you get alerted if someone quotes or likes one of your posts.

Can confirm that you get a notification now ;)

That being said: it would be nice if there was some sort of hint that profane language is also banned if it is not directed towards other users (or more generally for rules beyond treating other users respectfully). It might be more widespread in the US, but to me it was quite surprising and it took me a moment to remember that cultural sensibilities w.r.t. language are different over there.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

That being said: it would be nice if there was some sort of hint that profane language is also banned if it is not directed towards other users (or more generally for rules beyond treating other users respectfully). It might be more widespread in the US, but to me it was quite surprising and it took me a moment to remember that cultural sensibilities w.r.t. language are different over there.
The rules are very clear on profanity. Don’t use it.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer

The former format included an auto-screen of profane words. The new one does not. This has surprised other posters as well. Do your friends a favor - let them know to check their posts (and restrain their tongues).

Shakeshift

Adventurer
If you get assigned a warning point, what are the specific rules concerning them? Can you lose points over time by being good-behaviored?

Remove ads