• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Acquana Art Thread -- Thread Implosion 06/10/2007

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Acquana said:
05.jpg
WHOA! Color me impressed, but I think this is your best sketch yet! :cool:

Acquana

First Post
December 9, 2005

So hey, wanted to let you guys in on some of the work I've doing on those skins.

Pulse is inked and ready to go!

07.jpg

Tomorrow I need to post the last of that story ... -_-;;

I have an idea, Jess. Some time, probably after the holidays, I want to do something with the oft-ignored Rogue's Gallery forum. I want to post stats of interesting characters, either from our games, or just made up. And I'll want art for them.

Not sure at all of the details, but I thought I'd toss it out there. I think a series of characters with consistent illustrations would be nifty.

Acquana

First Post
Rangerwickett said:
I have an idea, Jess. Some time, probably after the holidays, I want to do something with the oft-ignored Rogue's Gallery forum. I want to post stats of interesting characters, either from our games, or just made up. And I'll want art for them.

Not sure at all of the details, but I thought I'd toss it out there. I think a series of characters with consistent illustrations would be nifty.

Huh ... That does indeed sound like an interesting idea.

Certainly if we do that I'll point all you guys in that direction to check it out.

Acquana

First Post
December 19, 2005

Eeks, it has been a while.

But hey, I'm workin today so there might be more than one update.

For now, I just wanted to post the inked Sphynx.

08.jpg

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I really like the last two. The December 9th piece is a perfect example of how black and white can be beautiful.

I also really like Sphynx. Great, great piece. Keep up the great work and Happy Holidays! :)

Acquana

First Post
December 28, 2005

The year's runnin out.

So I gots an update for all of you! The last part of the story I wrote is on my LJ. And here's the illustration that goes with it:

09.jpg

What's happened? Well, I guess you'll have to read it all, won't you?

Acquana

First Post
Oh Noze!!

Aw, man ... Lotsa stuff gone ... But nothing I can't repost. So I'll repost the images lost, and include a new update. How's that sound? ^_^

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

07.png

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Acquana

First Post
Update #1 -- 05/10

Well … There’s a lot I haven’t written up on in the last …. ….. five months.

But this I shall rectify immediately!

I recall the last place I left off as far as my campaign goes was when the group had decided to help Virgil return to his world and battle his world’s Dracula. (Recall, he’s from 1476’s Castlevania—I think it was Castlevania III) Among the things the PCs hoped to find there was Virgil’s mentor, Francis Alexander. They indeed ran across Alexander, and in the reunion between student and mentor that followed, Virgil learned that Alexander had never cared for him as much as he’d previously thought—that and as an undead he had allied himself with demons.

Needless to say, the fight that followed left the group drained, but victorious. One thing no one expected (including myself), was that Virgil pulled forth a courage no one in the group had seen until then, and this newfound steadiness followed him even through the rest of the castle.

After defeating Dracula (along with the help of Trevor Belmont), the group was worried what Virgil would do next. After all, he was home and no longer had a mission to fight for. The only thing that remained was to return Alexander’s body to the monastery he and Virgil had made their homes, and hope that Virgil would be forgiven by his fellow monks.

The group got a chance to speak with the abbot of the monastery, who turned out to be much less than they had hoped. The abbot was prideful and unwilling to consider that he had been wrong to accuse Virgil of being an aid to Alexander’s fall from grace. He decided that Virgil would indeed be allowed to return to the faith, but never again allowed to be a monk.

This decision surprisingly did not affect Virgil as much as his companions thought it would. They left the monastery and Virgil left behind his world, saying he no longer had a home or family other than his traveling companions. To celebrate the decision, Pojo made Virgil a new coat to replace his robes.

06.jpg

And so the group went back to their original quest: to find the scattered copies of Koffman’s consciousness and pull them out of the hosts he’d implanted them in before his untimely demise.

In the nexus of worlds they’ve constantly returned to (Traverse Town), Maa decided to stay behind and take a position as a local guard. They then ran into Eric Cantrell (known by many of the locals as “the Wall” due to his stone hard exterior and ability to take on many opponents unwaveringly), a werewolf who had heard they had a reliable way to get in and out of Traverse Town. (In other words, one of my players had gotten bored playing Maa after only four sessions with him.)

While on their search for Koffman, the group ran into Koffman’s younger brother, Ben. Pojo was shocked to find that Ben had taken up residence on Pojo’s own world, and his lover from three years prior was nearby. (I wrote up her backstory on my LiveJournal for those interested, but be warned ... it's pretty heavy stuff, so I don't recomend it for the young or easily offended.)

07.jpg

Jenna Sleight was happy to see Pojo again (as happy as she could outwardly manage), and gladly joined the party after they dropped off her charge, Firefly, in Traverse Town where’d she’d be safe.

09.jpg

Oh, and here’s a picture of her in a bathing suit just because. -_-;;

08.jpg

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads