• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Acquana Art Thread -- Thread Implosion 06/10/2007

Acquana

First Post
mandyscog said:
that's the way all sims stand when you're making them. they stand like models so they can show off the clothes you're testing.

heh I'm all for being able to see what one's Sims are wearing, I just found it funny that all of the girl characters and the one guy were all standing the same way--which is why I mistook him for Sarah to begin with. That and I like to say "Nancy boy." nance nance nance

mandyscog said:
i don't know if you noticed, but i did put another character up since you posted. i'm kind of dissapointed that no one else has said anything--i worked for hours on those characters. but anyway, though the recognition would be nice, that's not why i do them.

Yes, I did see that, I guess I was just hoping someone else would chime in. I mean, hey, that's wifty you can make your own skins. And for figuring out the basics of how a character would look, the system you've come up with is rather ingenious.

But eh ... *shrug* Putting things up for the sole purpose of replies rarely works. At least that's what I'm seeing after over a year of the thread ... We must do it for love! :cool:

Acquana

First Post
The Gods of Technology Defy Me Once Again

DAH!

I'm having to recollect all of my links and general programs ... Because I was forced to buy a new compy the other day. >_O Thankfully I haven't lost any of the files from my old one *phew*

Time to start backing up everything again, as soon as all the files are done transferring from one computer to the new one. I see this being a loooooong day.

Acquana

First Post
Update 08/10/2006

Awwwww, thank you so much!

Seriously flattered In fact, I think I'll update!

Back in Decemeber I stumbled across a site that does customized game console skins. I was going to make skins for my friends based off of Wellstar's Mutants and Masterminds campaign, but I was bogged down with a lot of other things.

But since my friends' birthdays are ALL IN JULY ... I decided now would be a great time to buy them those skins I'd had planned. So here they are as they ended up looking, and just to clarify, the print job came out PERFECTLY for them!

This one is for Tacit's player, whose birthday came first. Wellstar and I had a little disagreement on the main bit of the skin, but I wanted Tacit to be background element on that bit. Those other two, if you remember, are Tacit's NPCs and partners in crime (and crime fighting), Bentley and Murray.

01.jpg

I finished Pulse's skin next. The whole motif of this one is a big gag on my part. At the end of the first major storyarc for this campaign Pulse's player and Wellstar decided to surprise us all with a secret they'd been preparing. When Pulse called for backup at one point he called upon the powers of the Special Duty Combat Unit Soundsmen! (This is a joke based off of the anime Shinesman--which is itself a parody of sentai shows in Japan. You know ... stuff like Power Rangers. And if you haven't seen Shinesman you must do so. Now.) Pulse's alternate identity being a corporate and a scientist who tinkers with sound, this seemed a no-brainer.

So the figures on the main part are the other Soundsmen with their corresponding colors, and the two on the inside are Kato (who is technically suposed to be Pulse's sidekick), and Pulse's corporate assistant Ms. Ikakibara, a direct reference to Shinesman.

02.jpg

The last is the one I'm most proud of. This is for Guardian Sphynx's player, and features the rest of the Century Sentinels in Ancient Egyptian hyroglyphs. ^____^ As I'd anticipated, everyone was jealous of this one.

03.jpg

So I know this is the first update in nearly a month ... shame on me. I'll be catching up in between getting ready to go back to school.

If anyone reading this is owed a commission from me, drop me a line. I've been trying to catch up with everything since my computer decided to crash a few weeks ago.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Acquana said:
Awwwww, thank you so much!

Seriously flattered In fact, I think I'll update!

Seriously, you are very good. I've just started out with drawing with a graphics tablet a few months ago (I plan to create some illustrations for some PDF products I am in the process of writing - my financial constraints being what they are, I can't afford to hire others for it...), and I'm still struggling with basic human anatomy. I mean, I think I'm doing all right if I have a good reference picture to copy, but more freeform anatomy is something I will have to work a lot harder on...

Greegan, Jessie, cool comic. See if you can get a link on the bottom of the page that goes to the next strip, since you now have to scroll down then scroll back up.

Oh, and how often are you going to update?

Acquana

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Oh, and how often are you going to update?

Whoo! Webcomic work sure is hard when you're also trying to start up school again. ^_^;; It may take a few weeks to figure how to balance the two to make regular updates, but don't worry, I'm planning to. My dream is twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We'll see how it goes, if I have to fudge it to "Twice every week, precisely when I get them done" then that's how it goes.

But enough of that for now. Time for an update!

Virgil lookin all snazy in his cool coat and casting a healing spell

04.jpg

In the game my housemate ran Savai and Wellstar's character Joran got together! They're so cute!

05.jpg

Our other housemate started a campaign a while back based off of Starcraft using d20 Modern and Future. It unexpectedly became Firefly: the RPG. We didn't plan on this, it just happened. There's a jaded, tough as nails captain with a supreme dislike of the government, the crazy kid, an accomidating, though kickin ex-military (but single at the moment), and a scientist thrown in for fun. I play the overly cynical, jerk of a doctor who's really much more caring than she lets on. Her name is Nhi Quinn.

06.jpg

And here's Nhi with her kitty, Jonesy. Yup. With all these aliens around, Jonesy's gonna be the only one left by the end of the campaign, just watch.

07.jpg

Here's my cyberpunk character Nevada Kemp, when she was just fresh out of the academy. Idn't she a cutie?

08.jpg

And this is some eight years later with her girlfriend April. Awwwwwwwww

09.jpg

Okay, so yeah ... An update! I'm currently working on strips 3 and 4 for TwoDeeTen and Greegan's workin on the layout. So check back at the site often!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads