• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Acquana Art Thread -- Thread Implosion 06/10/2007

Acquana

First Post
Frukathka said:
HOLY CRUD! Best. Artwork. Evar!

It's just a computer trace. It's the best trace I've done, admittedly ... But I'm a little embarassed that the best I've done is something I didn't draw. -_-;;

Acquana

First Post
Not unless I start running this as more than a solo-game. I already have two full-time NPCs hangin' out with the PCs (both of which are run by the same player) so things start to look like I have schizophrenia enough as is. :heh:

Though who knows. I might just because. :cool:

Dire Lemming

First Post
With all the anime influence in your games I'm surprised I haven't noticed anything to do with Fullmetal Alchemist, it's one of the best animation's, heck one of the best shows, to come out in a while. Well at least I hink so. I wouldn't be all that surprised if there was something and I've just missed it though.

Actually, a guy is trying to start a PbP game right here based on it called Equivalent Exchange, but very few people have shown interest. :( Just me and two others.

Acquana

First Post
01/29/2007 -- And Acquana is forced to catch up once again.

Well … Here we are, another year. The last few months were packed with relative visits, and preparations for me to move to Texas with Wellstar. We’re gonna chill at my parents’ house, pay off some debts, and then probably head back to Atlanta when we have some affairs taken care of. So getting ready for this had taken up a good deal of my time.

But never fear! Another update of the Acquana Art Thread has arrived! I know those of you who watch the thread have been anxiously awaiting my return, and now is that time.

Let’s start off with some supers. In the solo game that I run for Wellstar in his setting, Dozer has finally met the group that Kato has been hanging out with. He and Night Ankh didn’t get along too well, sadly.

01.jpg

Here’s another drawing of Bishoujo Star. Aww, she’s so cute.

02.jpg

Wellstar and I talk a lot about the various settings we do, which led to the creation of this character, Crimson Scion. More than once Wellstar and I have compared Dozer to the 70’s era Green Arrow--mostly because of his politics. So the thought of course came up, if our Green Arrow already has a Black Canary (Blue Aurora), then where’s our Hal Jordan Green Lantern? Thus, Crimson Scion, as he looked in the 70’s.

03.jpg

Here’s Blue Aurora, Dozer, and Crimson Scion outside of their super identities hanging out. Naturally they were buddies back then. Not so much anymore, but that’s a story Wellstar plans for later …

04.jpg

This is the character I played in a one-shot back in November. RaShonda Fulton works for Counterveil Securities at Blackgate Penitentiary as a member of the metahuman staff. She can’t do very much, teleportation is the only thing she’s really good at, and tends not to think of herself as a metahuman. Her technical job description is parole officer, but that doesn’t stop her superiors from assigning her to the occasional team to handle other problems. Much to her aggravation.

07.jpg

Speaking of Blackgate … This is one of the denizens of the highest security level because of the severity of his metahuman abilities, Rick Antonelli. Back in the Silver Age he was a competent mob hitman, earning the name “Infection Antonelli” from the fact that with a bit of his saliva he could infect others with the disease of his choice that would take over the victim in far, far less time than should be necessary. He became very good at using razor wire and needles, poisoned with a touch of saliva. He’s been serving hard time since the early 80’s for the one death that the police could actually pin him on, the death of a super, Scarlet Suzaku. Thanks to the fact that I run one-shots for Wellstar, Mr. Antonelli is back on the streets due to a legal technicality. Here he is as he looks now, lookin’ pretty dang good for his early seventies. I should’ve drawn him in his suit coat, without it he looks exactly like Walter from the anime Hellsing. -_-;

06.jpg

Wellp, there are some times that a player just should keep their mouth shut. Wellstar and I learn this around each other all the time. The best example I can think up was when I randomly asked him about when he ran Alexander. By that point he was so fallen from grace that he was using Call of C’thulu spells, which using Mutants and Masterminds was sick. So I asked which C’thulu mythos god he would’ve been following by that point, and Wellstar said Azathoth. Oh-ho-ho-ho reeeeaaaaly? For those of you unfamiliar, Azathoth is the Sea of Chaos. Chaos being the sphere of Seth (or Set, whichever you prefer), I figured having him getting his hands on Alexander’s soul after death wasn’t a stretch. (Check the 09/21/06 update) Considering the PC’s have made enemies of said Egyptian God of evil (gee, thanks Amut’s player. Like the PC’s really needed that kind of hassle and I really needed that kind of headache.), this means that they’ll be having to deal with Alexander again. And possibly again and again.

Along those same lines, Wellstar and I were BSing about the run-in the PCs of the Traverse game had with his setting, and the metahuman mercenaries therein. You may or may not remember Bull Rush and Fanatic, but they were really good buddies despite being career criminals. Bull Rush being a tank and Fanatic being a mimic who would copy the mannerisms of whomever he was borrowing powers from--Wellstar and I couldn’t help but liken the two of them to Wolverine and Morph from the old animated X-Men series. Jokingly I said, “With Fanatic dead, now all we need is a Mr. Sinister to bring him back.” Wellstar replied he didn’t have anyone Victorian enough to pull it off. Both of us had forgotten that he did. When the Century Sentinels took on the main baddies of the first major story arc, allied with them was one Anton Arcane--a former organized crime stooge who had gotten his hands on a major artifact that allowed him to play on the field with the major hitters. Wellstar loving the Victorian aesthetic, Arcane had that sort of manner and style about him. Huhr dee huhr, I’d forgotten about that guy.

Fast forward to several months later when he decided to run a one-shot using our Teen Titans-alike team. I got to play Bishoujo Star and Night Ankh as PCs, and the team ends up running across Arcane. They find out that he had hired a serial killer by the moniker Thrill Killer to get ahold of a body out of the city morgue. He was in the middle of a very important ritual, which the team tries to stop, but they can’t make it in time. What could said ritual be? Oh, gee, I dunno. Raising Fanatic from the dead?

Poor, poor Cory Lev. Being in pieces while dead took its toll on him.

19.jpg

Wellstar made me promise not to tell the other players, which had me practically jumping with excitement for the next few months. Now Wellstar has gotten back to the Century Sentinels game, Wes finally lets them know that Arcane must be up to something big if he was willing to piece together Cory “Fanatic” Lev. The players … are SO PISSED. Figuring out what Wellstar had done, Tacit’s/Pojo’s player nearly threw her sketchbook at him, and Pulse’s/Hiro’s promised it would only be a matter of time before Hiro would appear to finish the job. Again. Myself, I was more than happy to be on the other side of Fanatic’s powers, and hearing his theme (Mindless Self Indulgence--Shut Me Up) boot up when the Century Sentinels were in Arcane’s hideout gave me the giggles.

Fanatic has absolutely no desire to fight the Century Sentinels, he would much rather use his second chance at life to make something better of himself. However, Arcane gives him no choice, magically forcing him to encounter the Century Sentinels. To our shock, when Fanatic steps out in front of them, he’s using the powers and mannerisms of Pojo. Looks like dying while copying the Traverse PC had some unforeseen effects, least of which being his left eye is permanently the color of Pojo’s eye. The Century Sentinels put the smackdown on Fanatic, but being superheroes have no great need to kill him. That session ends with much bigger troubles, which I may get into as soon as I have some art for it. For now I’ll leave it at that, and here’s Fanatic in the sort of Victorian dress code Arcane has.

20.jpg

Speaking of the mess with the mercenaries that crosses both Wellstar and I’s games now … Here’s Zev when he was residing in Blackgate under the control of Jaeger Koffman (as mentioned in 09/30/06).

18.jpg

And speaking of Koffman, let’s move on the Traverse game …

Jaeger Koffman has a sister that the PCs have yet to meet, and horror of a human being much like her brother. This is Lenora Koffman.

05.jpg

The PCs in the last game I ran got to meet Jaeger, Lenora, and Bennie’s uncle, Chase Koffman. The Koffman line has a reputation of being extremely competent monster hunters, and Uncle Chase took that more to heart than any of the power and riches his family has attained. The PCs meet Chase while he’s visiting Bennie--somehow finding him despite his current residence in Traverse Town. The PCs are surprised when they discover the motivation behind this visit is Chase’s concern that the Koffman line will die out soon, and his impatience with Bennie for not getting the “lack of heirs” problem handled sooner.

08.jpg

There was much giggling like middle schoolers.

If you may or may not recall from 09/21/06 Virgil has been on edge after nearly being taken by Seth. Which looked something like this:

09.jpg

Well, now Pojo’s managed to get some problems of his own. The PCs, still on the trail of Koffman’s shards, recently took a trip to an alternate version of my old setting, High Fantasy--where Route 66 and Savannah Knights took place. They run across a "Secret Keeper," a high Fey willing to point them in the right direction, and they end up at the home of Louis Lokya Louis Lokya has a secret, and that particular secret is that he has an otherworldly ally, the son of Seth, Seti. Pojo, having no clue this is the case, decides to try to psionically scan him. When Pojo’s player said he was going to attempt this, I threw a look at Lokya’s creator (Amut’s player, naturally), and let out a sigh. I had realized that the PCs were about to screw themselves over all too late.

When Pojo tries to scan him, he is suddenly standing before Seti, who informs him that Lokya is under his protection. He is also anxious to see his father take Virgil’s soul.

10.jpg

As Pojo’s consciousness is returned to him, Lokya throws the PCs out of his home for trying to invade his mind--and the group has no choice but to comply considering Pojo’s state of near-shock.

More on that when I get the chance.

Here’s the mayor of Traverse Town, thanking the young hero who helped him out during the whole mess from 09/21/06. ^_____^

14.jpg

Over the holidays I spent back in Texas, Wellstar was kind enough to run a one-shot for myself and tricsterpriest. He decided to run a game in the setting of Vagrant Story/Final Fantasy Tactics/Final Fantasy Tactics Advance/Final Fantasy XII (since they’re all one setting now, which is awesome). I played a red mage by the name of Crissa Moogle, idn’t she a cutie?

12.jpg

tricsterpriest played her fellow Riskbreaker (from Vagrant Story), a bangaa soul reaver (based not insignificantly on the manga Bleach).

13.jpg

The two Riskbreakers are assigned to take care of a cult who managed to get their hands on an artifact--the Gemini stone from Final Fantasy Tactics. The leader of said cult held far too many resemblances to Virgil’s mentor, Alexander, but I decided to keep my mouth shut until the one-shot was done. Wellstar actually hadn’t noticed that an excommunicated Glabados priest with receding, light hair and spectacles named Martin (Alexander’s middle name) would sound so much like Alexander. Go figure. But with this new information, Wellstar decided to, in his own words, “call a duck a duck” and make Martin an alternate reality version of Alexander. Not that it would matter, since both he and his shrine knight protégée, Janis Wraithborne, had died in the last battle. Wellstar also decided to break my brain by saying that if Martin was Alexander, then the assassin Janis must have been Virgil’s otherworldly copy. Thinking of Virgil in a mask and summoning undead broke my poor, poor brain. And made me draw this.

15.jpg

*shudder*

The last one, here’s my character from the Starcraft game. The woman is the sister of Cal, the captain of the ship, along with her son … by an alien father.

11.jpg

Okay, looks like that’s everything for now. *whew* I know it’s been far too long, and I deeply apologize for that. And, as usual, there’s more to come. So stick around!

Last edited:

Remove ads