• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Acquana's Art Thread -- Closed, New Thread Started

Acquana

First Post
03/03/05

So hey, another one for ya.

Sexy Losers ... eyeah, don't even think about lookin at this one unless you're over 17. Then again ... There's fewer things that'll turn one off of sex faster than Sexy Losers. But that's hardly the point. The point is sex is funny and gross and so is Sexy Losers. There are a about five or six different storylines that Sexy Losers follows, the ones in the drawing are Madame X the hentai comic artist and her roommate Chie Sakamachi. If you don't know what hentai is, please don't ask me.

And why is Chie wearing a raincoat to the beach? I suppose you'd have to read the strip the know.

03_03_05.jpg

Acquana

First Post
03/04/05

Last one of the assignment. Mostly because I don't think Sluggy, Penny Arcade, 8-Bit Theater, or VG Cats need my help to get readers.

Plus, I can't really draw the ones I'd like to pimp like Dinosaur Comics, Last Kiss Comics, or Acid Zen Wonder Paint.

So here's Niego. Niego follows John Niego, the smoker, who just doesn't care. He wanders around, putting up with his roomie Leland and his rather forceful friend Libby. It's funny. Read it.

03_04_05.jpg

Acquana

First Post
03/05/05

punkorange said:
The elven cleric of corellion has chain armor, a mercifull long sword named soullerioun. He has a tower shield. He is well kept, but not arrogant.

The wood elf fighter has a bit of fiend blood in his line, but it is barely even vaguely apparent. He wields an oversided great-sword and wears half plate. He has a magical ring on one of his hands. His long black hair is wild and unkept.

Well, took me long enough. But I'm done with this semi-week's assignment, so here ya go.

03_05_05.jpg

And my Lord, Knightfall ... I didn't even think you liked that one. ^_^;;

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Acquana said:
And my Lord, Knightfall ... I didn't even think you liked that one. ^_^;;

I sure did. It was nice and simple for a monster sketch.

However, if you aren't satified with it and want to revisit it then go ahead. I'd be interested to see you're take on the race again now that time has past. As for style, think more African meets Native American, with some fantasy barbarian thrown in (i.e. Conan).

Plus, I'd like to make a request for a sketch of a another alternate type of centaur. They are my Lands of Harqual centaurs, which live exclusively in the northern region of the continent known as the Northlands. The live alongside human barbarian tribes and follow the same traditions, for the most part. Here's a basic description:

"All Centaurs of Harqual have thicker hair than centaurs of other worlds and the human torso part of their body is covered with hair front and back. Males have thick beards, which are usually kept braided and their long manes are always tied up in a ponytail. Females do not have facial hair and their manes are left loose to blow in the frigid winds of the Northlands."

Cheers!

KF72

Acquana

First Post
03/06/05

Yay! I have a freelance gig! No guarantees, but it'll do for this second. In between working on comics, I gotta get an anime style down, and fast. This one site that makes skins for consoles is looking for new artists, and their highest sellers are anime ones. Go figure.

So tonight's drawing is practice. I gotta get this down in less than two weeks.

03_06_05.jpg

You know, there are a lot of people that really hate the anime style...and while I enjoy it, I've always found that it looks better in motion. However, all of your stuff seems to have that anime FEEL to it, while not conforming to the stereotypical style. It doesn't completely LOOK anime(instead, it just looks like...well, yours, which is a good thing, of course), but it sure gives off the feeling of it.

Acquana

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
You know, there are a lot of people that really hate the anime style...

And a surprisingly large number don't. Especially among those who spend lots of time online or who play large amounts of console games. It's popular right now, and has been for like nearly ten years.

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
However, all of your stuff seems to have that anime FEEL to it, while not conforming to the stereotypical style. It doesn't completely LOOK anime(instead, it just looks like...well, yours, which is a good thing, of course), but it sure gives off the feeling of it.

And see, this amazes me every time I hear it. I went to GenCon to show my portfolio, and I got a lot of people who would look at my stuff and then promptly ask "So you like that Japanese stuff, huh?"

And I would just stare at them blankly.

Where does this come from?! I simply must know where people see this in my stuff! Mostly because I'd feel like a hypocrite if somehow I've just been drawing manga half-way.

During school I saw dozens of people who obviously wanted to do stuff derivative of manga ... But doing it only half-way. And for some reason that made me crazy. If you're gonna draw American comics, do that, if you're gonna draw manga, draw some freakin manga. This half-way Amerimanga garbage just ... irritated me for some reason. I mean, I saw lots of people who drew manga and it looked like manga and it was really great.

So what is it? I have to know! The fact that I love hair? The fact that I like to draw expressive faces? Why can't that illustrative? Is it because I don't pay too much attention to little details? You don't need every detail to understand what's there, right?

Dah!

Excuse me ... I've just been wanting to do that for a while. But seriously, I just wanna know. Not that I'd really change my stuff accordingly, but I wanna know how to react other than staring at people blankly from now on.

Remove ads