Acquana's Art Thread -- Closed, New Thread Started

I was just working on E.N. Arsenal - Chainmail Bikini (which I hope Acquana will be willing to lusciosly illustrate), and these two pics reminded me of something I don't want to forget: ribbon armor. Armor that is made up of nothing more than whirling ribbons that float around the wearer, always managing to keep onlookers from seeing anything naughty. If you've seen the anime Sorcerer Hunters, you might have an idea of where I'm going.

Bloody cosplayers.

Jess, keep up the good work.

Acquana

First Post
Illustration for 03/10/05

The last couple of days have been a bit strange. I hung out with friends of Marlon ...

Dah.

God I'm so depressed. All I can say is ... I don't need anyone making me feel better about my work ... I need consistant work. That's what I need, but I can't make money off of this. No one wants my style for illustration.

Why do I bother?

A few compliments on this board isn't the same as making a living. I was hoping for more, I guess. For publishers to notice I have a sense of form, an eye for composition, a love for expression ... But aparently no one is willing to pay for that.

Honestly ... I don't need praise right now, so don't feel like you need to give me advice or say that I don't suck or something.

What I need is work doing what I love. And it's not happening.

03_10_05.jpg

Clueless

Webmonkey
Why do you bother? Well - that's a rough one I guess. And most people have been there. (And, pardon the sympathies of a stranger here, I know you don't know me much if at all - but I'm in that sort of mood tonight. Wanting to reach out and soothe what's hurting on others.) It's a place I've watched a number of my friends reach in the past few months - most of them artists of some sort, but some of them programmers and just depressive about their finances.

So, why do you bother? Well - first I'd assume because it'd rip your lungs out if you didn't draw. I know that's how it is when I'm not writing. Which is to say - that's how it's been for the last oh... *checks clock* two years now? Blasted school sucking all my time. But more than that - because if you don't bother, then things'll just go down hill faster. There's only so far it can go down before it *has* to come up - seriously, it's just a matter of waiting. You're here - in life - because you want to be, and you've got the control over your life to go where you want to go. Part of its luck. Part of its being willing to sit and go through the drudgery.

I've looked at your stuff. I *know* it's good. You know it's good. Heck, you practice more diligently than I ever could writing - just by demanding sketches of yourself like this via this thread. So - just keep getting better through the thin times and come out swinging for the fat ones. It really is going to work out in the end - you're got far too much talent to *not* to do that, so long as you don't convince yourself to stop. Settle in, make plans and be patient - you'll do fine.

If I could read the future I'd give you a better picture. ;) But in the meantime - assurances that there's plenty of others out there facing the same things as you, may help. It *will* turn out good in the end... so just curl up around chocolate and a good movie in the meantime. ;)

Bobitron

Explorer
Chin up, Acquana. I can understand the frustration with having a skill or talent that seems unmarketable, but at least you can take heart in the fact that your talent is appreciated by us.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Rel said:
Anyhow, Acquana, you're doing a good thing here in this thread. Your art is great and the way you're using it is one of the nicest, most generous things I've seen here at ENWorld (and that's saying a LOT - this place is awesome). I hope you're proud of yourself and the work you've done.

I think this bears repeating.

Acquana

First Post
03/11 - 15/05

Wow. I am so sorry. I totally went LiveJournal up in here. Not take my meds for one day and I'm about to keel over.

But hey, thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I'm really sorry for doing whining, but everyone's responses was a big help. I'm still here, still drawing. I owe you guys what, five?

X-Men's Marrow as she first appeared in the early 90's.

03_11_05.jpg

And when she joined the X-Men around '98 or so.

03_12_05.jpg

The Bantam's NPC's, Bently and Murray.

03_13_05.jpg

Pat Alex, another character in the Mutants and Masterminds game I'm in.

03_14_05.jpg

And a cute couple from High Fantasy (my campaign setting.)

03_15_05.jpg

Love ya all!

Last edited:

Clueless

Webmonkey
*reaches out and can't help but fuzzle the half-elf in the couples picture* ;)

Verrrry nice. And it's good to hear yer feeling better too. :)

I talked to Jessie. She's out of town right now helping a friend move, so no updates for a few days. Also, she lives in Savannah, so St. Patty's Day might've been a little taxing.

Remove ads