Acquana's Art Thread -- Closed, New Thread Started

veinglory

First Post
I think your character art is great, particualrly the degree of facial expression you get with failry minimal linework. Even though this is a thread for your sketches I would love to see any work you have with backgrounds and/or colour.

Greylock

First Post
Your artwork is awesome, Acquana. There is something about your style that really grabs me. The linework, the sweetness, the easy-going nature of your subjects. All very good. Even your grittier char sketches have a softness to them. Good stuff...

Acquana

First Post
veinglory said:
I think your character art is great, particualrly the degree of facial expression you get with failry minimal linework. Even though this is a thread for your sketches I would love to see any work you have with backgrounds and/or colour.

My portfolio site is the link right under my name in my sig. Those eager to see watercolor, computer coloring, or stuff I've done for EN Publishing can check there.

Acquana

First Post
02/04/05

Noticing that the little dog Leno above somehow moves like a cat, I decided to take it as a challenge to draw something dog-like correctly. And so I give you Louis Lokya with his construct, Hela. Those of you who followed the Route 66 storyhour at all may note that this is the uncle of Twilight Lokya. Twilight's player has a fantastically imaginative mind, and comes up with the most amazing plots and backstories for her characters. Louis is a maker of constructs, including a replacement for his own eye and his pet, which is based off of a creature in Egpytian mythology of the same name.

So this is a gift for Millicent. She was very happy when she saw it.

02_04_05.jpg

*phew* Made it just in time. It wouldn't have taken me so long save I was busy with an illustration for EN Publishing ... that and DEAR GOD, why is it so hard to find the muscle structure of a dog online?!

You offered sketches of other people's PCs, Jessie. You need to deliver soon, lest they grow restless. *grin*

And if I could find you online, I'd send you the latest part of the story.

Acquana

First Post
02/05/05

Bobitron said:
I'm really impressed! I hope this is a great outlet for you, sounds like you might really enjoy getting back into drawing everyday.

I have a request, if you like. I play a gnoll in a PBP adventure here, and I'd love to see what you could do. He is a ranger in the Eberron setting. Have fun!

Here's the appearance section form my character sheet.

Appearance: Luthal is a powerful creature, towering over most he meets, and is built of 300 pounds of muscle and sinew. His broad frame is covered with short reddish brown hair, lengthening on his back, and forming a mane on his head and neck. Darker spots begin on his neck and continue down to his shoulders. He wears leather armor that has seen much use, and bears a pair of axes, a larger on in his primary hand, and small throwing axe in his left. Luthal’s voice is rather high considering his bulk, and he breaks into gnoll to curse or when trying to describe complex thoughts. He is quick to laugh and speak, but has learned to stay quiet when needed, especially among strangers.

A gnoll? Sounds fun! Here he is!

02_05_05.jpg

Forgive the kilt, putting pants on such creatures is rather difficult.

For those who are interested in requests, I do enjoy psuedo-humans. Though note that I'm not much of a creature concept artist. I know lots of people who are who'd be happy to do commisions. But anyhoo ... I like taking a step or two away from monstrous when doing these sorts of animal/human races. Mostly because ... well, I have a less-realistic style than many illustrators, and animal races look like furries when even slightly cartoony. I like to avoid that, so instead of straight-up animal features I try to mix them with human ones a bit more.

So that's a gnoll for ya, Bobitron! Hope ya likes it.

Acquana

First Post
02/06/05

Suddenly coming up with an idea before losing conciousness can create odd results. I'm giving myself a theme this week: Well-known video game characters put into fantasy settings! So today and for the rest of this week I'll be doing this assignment, and I hope it will be as fun for those watching the thread as it is for me.

Today we follow the aberration hunter, Samus Aran, after her victory over the monstrous dragon, Ripley.

02_06_05.jpg

I've always been a fan of Samus ... though sadly I haven't bought any of the newer Metroid games. But I can handle her pretty well in Smash Bros. Melee. I need to get a copy now that I have a Gamecube ...

Acquana

First Post
02/07/05

Bah. The server for my site is being odd. That should clear up sometime tonight. So my drawing for today is here!

Our hero, Mario, is a dwarven artisan who gets tangled in the affairs of the royal house of Toadstool. The princess, Peach, is a sorceress and is allied with a peaceful Myconid kingdom. When Peach is kidnapped, Mario and his brother must valiently save her, using their trusty ring of fireballs!

Attachments

• 02_07_05.jpg
    02_07_05.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 328

Acquana

First Post
02/08/05

For today the assignment continues with the Tomb Raider. Lara Croft is an adventurer extraordinare, a ranger/rogue who searches the dungeon crawls, slaying random animals along the way.

02_08_05.jpg

Remove ads