Acquana's Art Thread -- Closed, New Thread Started

Acquana

First Post
Bobitron said:
Jessica, I had a chance to check out your website, and I'm really impressed. I like your modern stuff a bunch. Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much! I know that keeping up sketching will only help.

And remember ... I'm available for commission! ^_^ <-------- Shameless plug!

But, seriously ... If anyone wants a drawing with anything more than sketch quality, that's what commissions are for. Color or inks cost money, this thread is free, but sketchy.

Last edited:

Breakstone

First Post
Carmen Sandiego is terrific! I saw it and, even before reading your description, throught "Where in the world is..."

:D

I also like Dr. Wily. And the Halflife Dude. Your concepts are so simple yet great!

Acquana

First Post
02/12/05

Last of my weekly assignment! A Boy and His Gelatinous Cube!

02_12_05.jpg

I admit, it's hard to top some of the other ones I did this week ...

Acquana

First Post
Dah! I'm late again!

I was at a friend's house all night ... so late again. But I have it! And my extra one because you were so patient.

02_12_05b.jpg

So yeah, that there's Lion-O. Or however you spelled it, since this was done pretty much from memory. Save the pants. I gave him pants because briefs dont' count as outer-wear.

Now that Weekly Assignment #1 is done ... I'm free for requests again! What to do, what to do ...?

Acquana

First Post
02/13/05

Well, I'm about to head out to Denny's, so I gotta post this fast.

This is Chyo, Osaka, and Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh.

02_13_05.jpg

Palskane

First Post
Auvathyrri

Well, if you're taking requests (or commissions, just let me know), then I have an NPC I'd love to have rendered.

His name is simply Dimidius. He is an auvathyrri. The production of a dark elf and an avariel. This warrants some backstory.

His mother was of the warrior caste of the avariels. Though he has never known her, she was a very respected warrior, and a member of a royal bloodline. His father? A dark elf mercenary named Baasik. His mother and father met on the battlefield, both intent upon the slaughter of the other. His mother was brought to ground, and his father, caught up in the moment, decided to teach her a more prolonged lesson. So he raped her, repeatedly. She never saw him again, but soon found out she was with child. Though she contemplated suicide many times she could not bring herself to do so. Instead she tried on many occasions to fetch the unborn out of her with a stick. She never succeeded. She did, however, manage to deform her son.

Upon his birth she was horrified at what she'd done. The right side of the babe's face was terribly scarred. She'd managed to fetch out one eye and horribly maim the right side of his face. Knowing that there was no way she could raise him as her own she made tatters of his jet-black wings. Then she took him to a nearby human monastery.

There Dimidius was given his name, derived from "demi", meaning "half". He was never able to become a true monk, but still he studied the martial arts. His mixed heritage giving him a "white" and a "black" side, a perfect yin-yang. He had a perfect balance that astounded his teachers.

His skin is a perfect alabaster white. His hair and wings jet-black, though his wings are ruined and he keeps his head completely shaved. His white skin is covered in tattoos of elven design, in blood-red ink. These are to act as physical protection for his body, and hardly any of him is not marked by the blood-red markings. He always wears black gloves, his hands not so white after years of hard work, and terribly calloused. He also wears a stark white featureless mask to hide his deformed features. The right side of the mask which covers his empty eye socket has no eyehole. It has a simple indention where the eye would be, with a single blood-red tear running down the "cheek" of the mask.

Most of the time he wears a simple black cloak to hide himself. He has went adventuring to see what good might be left in the world since he seems to meet rejection almost every place he goes except the monastery.

:) If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me here.

Height: 5'2"
Weight: 105
Build: slender, but years of martial training have made his musculature quite sculpted
Eye: his one good eye is violet

Last edited:

Acquana

First Post
Valentines Day 2005!

Ah, I love LOVE! And because the love of my life gave me a brand new sketchbook for Valentines Day, I gave him a special drawing!

02_14_05.jpg

I love you, Marlon! Happy Valentines!

Sialia

First Post
Too wonderful! Mintoaur babes to die for. I adore 'em. Much other nice stuff too--I'm sorry I've been off the boards so long and missed so much.

Good to be caught up. More now, please.

Remove ads