• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Action Points...

Scribble

First Post
So in the KoTS player's quickstart rules ity says you gain them "after certain events occur your DM will tell you.." (or something close to that I don't have it on me...)

But in the DM's quick start it says after every 2 encounters... Why is this a "secret?"

It's not something that really annoys me... I was just mildly amused. I'm going to flat out tell my players this because I will forget. If they know they'll get the action points... If not, I will for get and sy oh crud.. you guys should have gotten some points a few encounters back.

Anyone else doing the same?

neoweasel

First Post
I imagine that the default is after every two encounters but they are letting the DMs make the decision based off of their own sense of balance and timing.

Blackbrrd

First Post
Personally, I will give out action points about every second encounter, but it really depends on the encounter.

You wouldn't get action points for the four encounters you have while waylaying kobold minions going to feed the pigs.
You would get action points after your/their big ambush.
I might give a character an action point if he did something special, as a mini-reward.

Remove ads