• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AD&D Kobold picture

pawsplay

Hero
In Palladium they are more dwarf-like, a surly race with a violent culture, who manage to get on passably with many nonhumans. They are expert craftsmen.

Tetsubo

First Post
How 2E saw them...

Attachments

• Kobold01.jpg
    Kobold01.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 277

JeffB

Legend
How 2E saw them...

Ick, is that from the Monstrous Compendium binders ?

I'm only fam with Tony D's version in the 2E Monstrous Manual

While it was a mistake according to Gary, I like the original scaly dog-like yippers, not sure WTF happened in 3E to turn them into mini dragons.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
How 2E saw them...

How it saw them during the Compendium era prior to the Monstrous Manual.

If someone gives the ok I will get the MMII and Monstrous Manual images placed up here for people to see, but don't want to violate copyright on it if it would not be fair-use for the discussion to use the image in this thread.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
@Klaus:

That site is all about being illegal, so you may want to remove the 2e kobold image, as it is from the AD&D Core Rules CD-ROM for that entire MM version used from the HTML books folder of it.

Hussar

Legend
JustaNobody - might I point you in the direction of a Google search on the concept of "Fair Use"? Editorial commentary on the differences in artistic representations is most certainly fair use. If, on the other hand, we were trying to pass off the art as belonging to someone else, or trying to sell this art as if we could, then you would have a point.

But, as this is pretty easily covered by fair use, you don't have to worry.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
Well I don't know too much about it other than to use it in proper context for research or acedemic reasons, and text is easier to handle, so I will hold off on the MMII image until I feel safer about it personally. I watched the Harry Potter case closely, but fair use is one BIG gray area if you pardon my bit of paranoia on it. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads