• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adamantine and Mithral

kalani

First Post
It's not made of mithral. Its made of a dark blue metal. The half weight is a property, just like the +1.
I must have misread your initial post. I thought you were saying the weapon was made of mithril, but that it wasn't spelled out as such on the certificate. The item in question, happens to have the same property as mithril without being made of such (instead being made of a blue metal of unknown origin).

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
Sorry for the confusion -- yes, I said that I suspect the rapier is made of mithral, because it has the properties of an item made of mithral, but nothing actually says that it's made of mithral, so I can't act as though the rapier is actually made of mithral.

Mithral, mithral, mithral, mithral.

Mithral.

--
Pauper

StinkyEttin

First Post
Sorry for the confusion -- yes, I said that I suspect the rapier is made of mithral, because it has the properties of an item made of mithral, but nothing actually says that it's made of mithral, so I can't act as though the rapier is actually made of mithral.

Mithral, mithral, mithral, mithral.

Mithral.

--
Pauper

Your problem is that you're not looking for the silver lining. While you can't pretend it's made of mithral, you can pretend its made of dark blue metal.

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
Mithril is so last edition. I much prefer spider-carved blue metal myself. It's the new mithril lol

Reviewing this thread, I note that we haven't quite met the level of Obstreperous Pedantry(TM) required for a Kalani-Pauper thread, therefore I add the following:

"Mithril" is claimed as trademark and copyright by the Saul Zaentz Company as part of its acquiring of various rights related to "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit" by JRR Tolkien, dating back to 1976. TSR, faced with a lawsuit by the Saul Zaentz Company for its many Tolkien references, settled out of court and changed many of the Tolkein-esque terms it had previously used to different and/or more generic terms: "halfling" instead of "hobbit", "balor" instead of "balrog", "treant" instead of "ent", and "mithral" instead of "mithril".

To paraphrase Chris Perkins, a useful mnemonic is "my pal (who keeps me out of court), mithral".

There, my work here is done.

--
Pauper

Remove ads