Level Up (A5E) Adepts appear to make really good fighters.

By using the NIghtstalker feat on page 389. Second bullet point says "You may deal Sneak Attack damage when making attacks using unarmed strikes or adept weapons." Since the adept focus feature "Adept Weaponry" says the chosen weapons count as adept weapons for you they would qualify for sneak attack under the feat.
Right, I was quickly looking for some feats that could allow for something similar but I didn't find any. Thanks for pointing it out.
Given the feats and class combo you need to pull it off, and given the fact that a vanilla 5th level rogue with no feats would do the same damage with a shortsword sneak attack (1d6+3d6 vs 2d6+2d6), I'm not concerned at all by this.

Right, I was quickly looking for some feats that could allow for something similar but I didn't find any. Thanks for pointing it out.
Given the feats and class combo you need to pull it off, and given the fact that a vanilla 5th level rogue with no feats would do the same damage with a shortsword sneak attack (1d6+3d6 vs 2d6+2d6), I'm not concerned at all by this.
No problem. Yeah it's not a super big buff. More a "s'cool combo factor"

Just noting that Treantmonk's conclusion was not very optimistic. The build he created was "ok", nothing special, and doesn't scale well into higher levels at all.
Of course he was also comparing to a baseline fighter, not a baseline monk, so it's not clear how well this monk does compared to a standard monk. Given that you're already choosing to play monk, basing all his conclusions on, "If you played a fighter..." feels really disingenuous.

Also, he was using o5e. With a5e and its immense variety (alternative class features, multiclass feats, combat maneuvers, more weapon properties, strongholds) I wouldn't be surprised if this came out as a fun and viable build.
I second this. The ability of the adept to pick and choose focus features makes it way easier to build a character that's both fun to play and viable.

Jacob Vardy

Explorer
Just noting that Treantmonk's conclusion was not very optimistic. The build he created was "ok", nothing special, and doesn't scale well into higher levels at all.
Seconding lichmaster's point

Also, he was using o5e. With a5e and its immense variety (alternative class features, multiclass feats, combat maneuvers, more weapon properties, strongholds) I wouldn't be surprised if this came out as a fun and viable build.

With the adept-fighter combo it is the combat maneuvers that fuse well. Fighters get more of them earlier. Adepts bring more exertion points and a higher DC.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases