Adjustment to Craft Points and Crafting

Knight Otu

First Post
As for #3, if that helps your decisions - I've talked with Andy Collins, and apparently, the side effects that Xael pointed out were unintended, and the costs should not be higher than normal magic items.

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool.

So, for #2, should we think of a good time period? I noticed a lot of abstaining, and I realize that #2 is a bit, well, vague.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Cool.

So, for #2, should we think of a good time period? I noticed a lot of abstaining, and I realize that #2 is a bit, well, vague.
I'd suggest splitting #2 up into two separate points, as even for those leery of allowing crafting to go on at the inn based on real-world time, I'd guess (though I could be wrong) that there would be little opposition to officially giving a thumbs up for crafting without craft points on an adventure if you have the time, particularly since the craft point system never meant to disallow that sort of crafting in the first place.

Patlin

Explorer
Change #1-- No feat for masterwork item creation. I vote YES.

Change 2A -- Inside adventures, the normal d20 crafting rules apply, as the DM controls time inside the adventure. I vote YES.

Change 2B -- I don't understand this bit, so I abstain. The craft point system still works the same as previously betweeen adventures, or am I confused?

Change 3 -- I am slightly confused, but I vote YES. This should cause the total creation cost of an item to be the same in gp and xp as the normal d20 rules, right? The distiction between material costs and other costs had always perplexed me, I must admit.

If hypothetical scroll A costs 25 gp market price, I am happy enough knowing it costs 12.5 gp and 1 xp to craft. I don't really care how the 12.5 gp is divided up between ink, parchment, and other such details.

Knight Otu

First Post
Patlin said:
Change 3 -- I am slightly confused, but I vote YES. This should cause the total creation cost of an item to be the same in gp and xp as the normal d20 rules, right?
Right. Some wording weirdness that created extra costs where there shouldn't be.

That leaves only 2B as unapproved for now, I believe. I'll unsticky the thread for now, but discussion on it is always welcome.

Patlin

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
That leaves only 2B as unapproved for now, I believe. I'll unsticky the thread for now, but discussion on it is always welcome.

Well, if someone could explain 2b for me, I will change my vote away from abstain. :)

Remove ads